Quad Talking about materials

Touchoco

Good evening everyone,

Can you tell me what is the most resistant to shocks between polyamide nylon and glass fibre for a quad frame ?
I'm a beginner and I don't have a clue on which one would pass my first driving ! ^^

Please help :)

Tony

Staff member
IMO, nylon will be better since it will bend and not break. This means it can take a shock and you can still fly.

I'm using nylon standoff's on my CC3D and have not had a single issue. And yes, I have crashed. Nothing damaged.

Derek

...just in case you wanted a second opinion...the nylon would be much more resistant to shock. I have to agree with Tony.

Lee

I thought it was to give you an idea.
Are you making your own, or you want to buy a frame?

Touchoco

I am lookink to built my own quad for the least price, just to see how it works first. This, if I can do it for cheap. Else I will wait sepember to benefit of my school help.
To answer your question for now I might buy a frame :)
My biggest problem is the remote radio control system. It is expensive and I have to search how it works befor choosing or anything else.

Lee

Tony

Staff member
Take a look at ebay and other places like that over there in France for a DX6i. They are coming down a lot in price and are a great Tx to use on these quads.

murankar

Staff member
Look on heli freaks for sale pages. Or any of the RC forums for sale areas. People are off loading lots of radios. V-control, graupner and jeti have crated a new standard for radios. Lots of folks want to migrate to these newer radios and in return they off load there old stuff.

Sent from my LG-E980 using Forum Runner

Top Bottom