450 Tail wobble

justriaz

Hi everybody I'm new to this forum and that my first post , just need some help , I just finished build my cypher 3d everything seems OK except my tail keep wagging when I put gyro on position 0 before take up (65% on 0 and 30% on 1 ) but not take up yet as still learning is that normal but when I put on 1 it does not wag by the way I'm using DX6I transmitter and if anyone got the setup for it please

coolgabsi

Super Mod & DEAL KING!
Keep switch at "0".. Reduce the value by 5 percent to 60. Try to spool up. If it wags still reduce by one or two percent more not more... If it still wags there is something else needs to b configured right. What gyro and servo are you using on the tail?

I've read a little bit about this heli before.. Seems to be one of those forgotten in the middle of big name brands. Apparently people like this heli a lot.. Hope you get in the air soon.
Gaba

Tony

Staff member
Keep switch at "0".. Reduce the value by 5 percent to 60. Try to spool up. If it wags still reduce by one or two percent more not more... If it still wags there is something else needs to b configured right. What gyro and servo are you using on the tail?

I've read a little bit about this heli before.. Seems to be one of those forgotten in the middle of big name brands. Apparently people like this heli a lot.. Hope you get in the air soon.
Gaba

I concur...

justriaz

I'm using HK401B HOBBYKING made, I tried everything but when keep switch on 1 it stops but not on "0" , I reduce it now to 44 % and it stops but the tail not moving that much when you move the gyro to right or left

Hi thanks for replying as I'm new with 6 channel I don't understand a lots of thing but I'm very good with blade msr , can you explain to me clearly what is +1 on tail gain reduction is that on my DX6I or on the gyro .

My servo is Corona 919MG Metal Gear Servo 1.5kg/ 12.5g/ 0.06sec
Model: DS919MG

Tony

Staff member
44% is rate mode and you don't want to fly in that mode. Anything above 50% is HH mode and is where you want to fly. As for teh gyro it's self, I have owned two and both sucked. I will never buy another one in my life. The GA-250 gyro from hobbyking is a good one and I have owned multiple, but you have to use a digital gyro with it. For something in america, you can get the GT48V from hobbypartz. I have owned that one as well and it's a good one. But the 790 from Align with a DS520 is the best way to go.

Lee

Sorry for the confusion. +1 is just short hand for "I agree with everyone else".
@Tony did you do the glue mod on yours? I have 4 of the HK401s and all of them work perfectly.

Tony

Staff member
I did on both. One was just shot and had a constant wobble. Meaning the servo would pulse back and forth about 10 degrees constantly. the other one would drift like mad no matter where the setting. touch the rudder it would drift right, touch it again it would drift left. I just gave up and trashed them and went to the gy250 and all my problems were solved.

Paulster2

I am El Taco!
44% is rate mode and you don't want to fly in that mode. Anything above 50% is HH mode and is where you want to fly. As for teh gyro it's self, I have owned two and both sucked. I will never buy another one in my life. The GA-250 gyro from hobbyking is a good one and I have owned multiple, but you have to use a digital gyro with it. For something in america, you can get the GT48V from hobbypartz. I have owned that one as well and it's a good one. But the 790 from Align with a DS520 is the best way to go.
Is that actually the "GY48V" or the GT48V ... I'm seeing the Detrum GY48V for $12.70 on sale ... the GY192 is $11.95. Since the website doesn't specify, I suspect the GY192 is not digital?

Tony

Staff member
Yes, I meant the GY48V. The GY192 is crap, you should know this since you own one lol. It's the stocker that came on the Razor. IMO Paul, you have everything you "need" to fly and if you want to upgrade, then get Align. YOu can find 780's all day long for about $50.

coolgabsi

Super Mod & DEAL KING!
Yep... I agree with tony... If you really want to be worry free in that area of the heli (which can Be touchy sometimes) is to go align 780.. The corona servo you have there, is good enough , I used it on my clone when I had it.. It works fine with align 780... I would spend 45-50 bucks on an align gyro and forget about it after that.

Gy48v hk401 and all are copies of gy401 by futaba. If you get that any cheaper than 40 , then it's a trusty gyro been around for forever and works. Any higher than that ... Just get a Gp780...

Paulster2

I am El Taco!
Good to go. I'll get it in the air and go from there. And you are right it is a GY192. When I get some extra $$ I'll think about the 780, but for right now, I can deal with what I have. I think I was more interested in having a digital tail servo and in order to get the benefits from that, you have to have a digital gyro. The MG90S servo I have now may be "adequate" at best for a tail servo, but from the sounds of it a digital tail servo would be much better. I'll learn to fly well, then worry about upgrades. I'll probably need my spare change for spare parts, so is a much better place to invest :biggrin1:

EDIT: And to the OP: Sorry for distracting from your thread. I hope you can get things sorted. The real reason I pointed out about the two gyros was I was just noting the pricing on the two, hopefully adding to the conversation.

Last edited:

Tony

Staff member
The gyro is only sending out about 50 pulses vs the over 200 with a digital. But, it's still better than any analog servo out there. If you can find a digital servo with a speed of about .07 you will be golden when you are able to get an Assan or Align gyro.

justriaz

Hi Tony the tail wag has stop but now got another problem when do left rudder tail is pushed to the right but heli turn to the right instead of left and vice versa can you tell me what is wrong please

Tony

Staff member
When you give left rudder the tail os supposed to go to the right. Remember you are talking about moving the rudder, you are always talkin about the nose of the heli.

Sent from my iPhone using Forum Runner

justriaz

When you give left rudder the tail os supposed to go to the right. Remember you are talking about moving the rudder, you are always talkin about the nose of the heli.

Sent from my iPhone using Forum Runner
Yes when I turn left the heli try to go to the right and also I saw a new problem my tail turns clockwise instead of anticlockwise how to fix that I think that what causing all my problem sorry I'm just a beginner

Tony

Staff member
Exactly what Lee stated. Sounds just like your belt was twisted the wrong way when installing it. No worries about being a beginner, that is what we are here for, to help you get into the air. No question is too small.

Top Bottom