FBL Gyro tail wags and buzzes

orbi

im just a humble good 4 nothin noob .... but ive heard that most tail wag probs start with sitting the ball link too far out on the servo horn. some guys swear that it should be no more than 7mm max centre to centre or even LESS as it makes the tail too sensitive . well there told ya so lol so why not stick your fingers in your ears and pass on by, Do I know what im talking about .... nope! .....well a little but the theory may be there I guess, might be worth a second look tho

coolgabsi

Super Mod & DEAL KING!
The MANUAL of the bird and the gyro defines what length from the center you need for a particular bird. The manufacturer gives you a range .. and you try to stick in that range..

now if its 7 SURE.. if its 15 Thats what its gonna be :)

But yes too far out.. more than what the manual says to be, will cause excessive throw on each correction and then the gyro will keep overcorrecting on each side.. and that is wag..

Then you will turn down the gain too low and the tail wont stay locked.. and will be flowy.. So its always a balance between gyro soft setup and then the mechanical setup .. like the smooothness of the links and rods and sliders, and the tail blade diameter, and the servo horn spacing :)

Yes you willl hhear A LOT of information with so many people doing this and 1000 mouths could be 1000 different suggestions :) (mine is one of 1000)

But what you will need to always go to is the manual .. :) I know we all hate manuals :D :D but thats where the right (or what factiry thinks is right) data is :)

Lee

I pretty much go by what the manuals tell you to do, but on the Warp 360 it state 10mm from centre to centre when in fact 8mm works better.

Top Bottom