General Tail wag

treff

I am nearly coming to an end with this 450. After 3 tail servos, a rebuild I still can not get it to fly properly. I have set the 3gx up to
Tony's great video, thanks Tony for that. What I am getting is tail wag. I have tried to reduce the gain in the transmitter going down to
less than 10 and it still wags. I turn it up to above 70, still wag, not only wag but the tail lets go for no reason when rudder input is applied.
The tail it self is as smooth as silk no binding at all. The servo is new, again. I put this problem out there yet again. I am very seriously
thinking of dumping all my helis and starting again but with the blade 450x. Would appreciate your thoughts. Cheers

Slobberdog

are you running V4, if you are you need to reduce the top slider in the software on rudder tab to about 45%, that should help.

but I would say V3.1 would be a whole lot better for you to set up.

treff

Thanks Slobberdog. Yes going to go 3.1. I did reduce the gain in software to 50% wag a little better but now terrible tail bounce almost to the point the tail bouncing back opposite way to input. When your hovering
in a small area it's a bit unnerving to have the nose suddenly pointing at you LOL not nice at all especially when you try to go back to tail in and it pirouettes back to nose in again. Had to change me trousers
to the brown ones LOL. Cheers

Slobberdog

yeah V4 is not good on most helis, v3.1 is so much better, I had mega bounce on mine got it sort but don't trust it so not flown on v4 properly just hovered,

apparently the software programmers in Align now know the wrong portion in the software and are rectifying but no news on when V4.x will be out

treff

Thanks Kev I have down loaded 3.1 and will go through all the set up again. Do I have to do it all from the beginning?
I seemed to be getting less and less stick time in what with the weather and repairs I think I may well buy a 130X so at least I can get some flying in.
Thanks again. Cheers

Slobberdog

yes there was a lot of the gyro functions that were reversed when I put V4 on so I would do the whole DIR process again.

as for the 130x wait and see how good the Align 150 will be, out I would think first or second week in December, but that's just a guess on my part after talking to a few people.

weather and stick time, we are all suffering Treff.............

treff

Cheers Kev. Back to the 450 then and computer. I will hang on to see what Align comes up with. Sounds interesting, building up my points at Align and you
know what they say about points LOL.

Tony

Staff member
You say you took your gain down to 10, and it still didn't really get better? I think you may be on the wrong channel. If you are only running satellite receivers off of the 3GX, your rudder gain is channel 7, or Aux2. Make sure your gyro menu states that channel.

If you are running a separate Rx along with the 3GX, then your gyro gain is on channel 5, or Gear. Again, make sure your Tx is on the proper channel.

If this topic has already been covered, my apologies. Just woke up, need more coffee...

Tony

Staff member
Even in V4, the tail should start to wonder around with that low of a gain. I suspect he will have the same issue (sans the kickback issue) with the tail. I hope not, but if the channel is not assigned correctly, he will.

Slobberdog

yeah he sorted the channel out in another thread, people complaining about the wag and not being able to get rid of it in V4 and also the bounce back, what you said about that being worrying is why I think Align have said revert back till the new version comes out, safest advice from them I think to cover their bums.

Tony

Staff member
Yeah, if you remember, there were mass issues with 3.0 as well and they said to go back to 2.1. Seems that anything that is a first version from then is crap lmao. 2.1, 3.1, and I'm going to assume 4.1 are good options. Oh, then there is 1.2, but it was lacking pretty bad.

Slobberdog

don't think your far off the mark there Tony, 1 million beta testers working for free and shoving all the useful feedback through the many open forums that now exist,

do I feel like a guinea pig, absolutely!!!!!!!!!

Graham Lawrie

I am nearly coming to an end with this 450. After 3 tail servos, a rebuild I still can not get it to fly properly. I have set the 3gx up to
Tony's great video, thanks Tony for that. What I am getting is tail wag. I have tried to reduce the gain in the transmitter going down to
less than 10 and it still wags. I turn it up to above 70, still wag, not only wag but the tail lets go for no reason when rudder input is applied.
The tail it self is as smooth as silk no binding at all. The servo is new, again. I put this problem out there yet again. I am very seriously
thinking of dumping all my helis and starting again but with the blade 450x. Would appreciate your thoughts. Cheers

Hang in there Treff you will get there.I am hoping to get the 150 also :)

Top Bottom