450 tail turns without stick input

MrHatch

Hello again. I've just completed a rebuild and she is hovering nicely except for one glitch. The tail will turn about 30 degrees at a time (sometimes more/less), in both directions 'without' stick input. Any ideas of how I can sort this one out will be greatly appreciated. Cheers

MrHatch

The tail will turn either left or right as if I have given stick movement to the tail rotor, but I'm not giving any stick input at all. I don't even have my thumb on the stick in case I move it when I throttle up or down.

Lee

I think we need a little more info to solve this. Does the servo move on the table or just when you're flying? Whats your gyro set to? Is there any play in the blades. Video is the best way to see whats happening.

MrHatch

It appears that I have solved the problem. When I bought the heli the guy in the shop made all sort of changes to the settings in the DX6i. Being a newbie, I just let him change things thinking he was doing me a favour. I remembered he'd backed the gyro down about 20%. I've upped it back to controller specs and giddyup, tail is stable.

Thanks for your suggestions!

Top Bottom