450 Tail slider ... new bearing how do I fix??

orbi

Hi all you experts. I have been moving along great since I bought my 2 heli s 6 months ago. Im doing small circuits LH and RH , and have repaired many times ( 12 ish) I have practically rebuilt the Pro twice over.
I ordered a new Tarot( metal)tail slider bearing ... How is it attached to the elbow of the tail harness.? is there a bush that goes thru the bearing and on to the bar to lock it? Where do I get one from. Im stuck.

Lee

If you look at the brass slider, you will see it has two flat spots to unscrew it with a spanner.
Just unscrew it and slide off the bearing. :)

orbi

Thanks Lee, the brass slider is seemingly straight forward except the elbow where it goes thru is not threaded It looks as if its machine riveted on, shucks....... so I guess I shall need a thingymebob and a whatchemacallit. A whole new unit that is! Ta

Lee

I always bought the whole unit if a destroyed anything in the tail pitch slider. Cheap as chips and stops the need to fiddle around :)

orbi

yeah... your prob right Lee, I was hoping to wait and get one of those supa doopa dual arm jobbies. Im a bit miffed as the one I have is an Align and its less than 6mths on my new Sport, the ball just snapped off the bearing, all the servos just stopped working over a 4 week period and the esc melted, so Im not impressed. Ive virtually rebuilt it now and put in some great Turnigy 306 HV that were on special at Hobby King for $23, I got some Futabba s9257 s on the tails and ive never looked back. I straighten my own booms when I have the odd crsh I wish I could do the same with the main shafts, theres gotta be an easy way to do it.....but I aint had a smash in a while now tho.

Lee

I had the tarot dual tail control on my last 450 that i sold. Worked really well.

Top Bottom