450 Tail servo wont move fully on right stick ?

orbi

Hi Guys #
My servo on my sport 450 was fine now I cant get full movement of the stick to the right, when i push the stick fully right the servo only moves like a 3/16 inch 0r 4mm left if that ! very poor response. ive looked at servo and cant find anything wrong. with no power on ,the servo swings smoothly to both sides, it s a futaba 9257 so its well capable of torque etc. when I power on and get dead centre when in mode rate,replace the arm at 90, subtrim 0, travel at 125 max, Ive tried all ways to get more action but im stuck guys... My other heli is a 450 Pro and she s great...im struggling here

Slobberdog

I know you have said travel is 125 max but is that set for both directions, that was where I got caught out.

Where you set the travel when you go in you will have an arrow indicating which direction you are looking at push the stick in the other direction and see what the value is,

I had a glitch on my Dx6i where it dropped the value to 42%

orbi

wow what an idiot !!!!! tried everything but the gyro !. I thought the gyro would be the last place to look as it was set up weeks ago and ive had many many flights since then. I thought may as well have a look so I reset the limit and hey presto. She s working fine now, but it bugging me how it has moved off the previous setting on the limit? ?????? puzzled

- - - Updated - - -

strange my radio settings are 27 and 32 on the travel adjust now, they were a tad lower before but it WAS the limit in the gyro all the time

- - - Updated - - -

my max settings on the gyro till it binds and releases the arm is 32 and 27 ive never ever had a higher setting than that, I have full movement both ways at these settings shown now in the TX, with no binding. if I move up a couple of clicks I get binding so im around the ok level.

thanks for your input there !!!!

Slobberdog

thats curious, I would expect to see your travel limit in your tx to be 100% then set your end points in the gyro after that.

What TX are you using

orbi

Bit windy in Wales today Slobber... im dying to get a test flight but its sooooo windy. must be worse there eh?

orbi

maybe ive done it wrong then...... should i have set my TX to full 125 % and then set the limit in gyro? ive set the gyro limit and then adjusted the radio? seems fine tho.....

Thanks
oh by the way during the process I had a malfunction with the trim switch ,it would only work one way. I took the radio apart and took out the trimswitch. it had broken off on one side of the machanism, very poor design there its too weak. so I swopped the throttle trim switch for now as I dont need it. all working fine till I get the new one delivered.

- - - Updated - - -

If you have any probs with your radio, ive got the address for Horizon Hobbies in Essex if you need it. they are pretty quick and fairly decent on repair prices. I use Hermes for cheap postage.

Tony

Staff member
If this is a MEMS gyro, you need to set your Tx up with 100% travel, no trim, and as little sub trim as you can get. Not sure what gyro you are using though.

orbi

Its a GP 790 Tony, do I need to take it back out of the Heli. Its buried in the middle of the frame? I can just about get to the set switch tho. So I set travel to max ie 125% on my spektrum 6xi first.
Then set the LIMIT on the gyro fully left and right on the stick. how do I know when it is set say L or R . When I get green flashing light on limit light I push left max and then what ??? wait ,or push max right straight away or do I go to centre ? Im not totally sure of the procedure. Will try and look it up.

Tony

Staff member
The 790 doesn't really like to have 125% travel, could cause some issues. I would set teh Tx back to factory settings for the rudder and do the setup again for the gyro. This is what I would do if it were my own helicopter.

Top Bottom