Micro Tail Servo Problems

Last week I was happy to finally have my two 180s ready to fly at the same time I had a minor face-plant on my 2 blade heli it only strip the rear pinion gear I replaced the gear checked everything out everything was fine and I specially paid attention to the rear servo having put three servos on this Heli already. I packed up all my stuff headed to the park I had to rebind it to my DX8 and I plug in the battery and I'm like trying to straighten out the tail blades and they're stuck and the damn Servo is locked again can anybody tell me what is going on I'm desperate I keep going through Servo sand all's I did was plug it in and it seems to just like burn itself up I have it on 22 millisecond frame rate cuz they're analog servos and I just don't get it

Admiral

Hi Ronald, that is exactly the reason that I gave up on the standard tail servo and went to the Align 420MG , the standard servo either strips the gears or the motor ceases on an average of 3 or 4 flights. Had the align in there over 12 months and still going strong, only thing is it's a bit slower than the standard servo so I had to back the tail gain off a bit.

I'm going to take your advice Admiral that's the last one I have a new one but I going to see how the Align Servo does because I'm building two custom 180s a lynx and Rakon. Yeah I'm just so disappointed in that Servo. Yeah you wait all week you pack up everything to go fly and you just plug it in and it burns up for no reason wow I'm going to go home and order that Servo I'll keep you posted I have your pictures of what you did and I'm going to try to copy that thanks for the advice

Admiral

I'm not sure that you will be able to get that servo anymore it's pretty old it was the original tail servo off the Trex 250. Any similar size tail servo should do and you should be able to get one that is faster than the 420, you need the lead from an old servo and make up an adapter to plug into a JR plug and be careful with the wiring Spektrum have crossed the Signal & Pos wires from memory you will burn out you new servo if you don't get it right.

I believe the newer model runs the 426 Servo regardless I'm going to order that one and I'm going to give it a shot. Yeah I'm aware of that little wiring Diddy thanks for the heads up though sometimes I wonder about the manufacturer that is totally useless

I understand that things happen and you move on but the thing that bugs me the most is that I don't know why that this is happening and I don't know if I'm going to be able to live with just changing Servo I'm going to tear that thing apart and go through all three of my burned up servos and try to see if there's something that I can see that might cause this

Batwing

Last week I was happy to finally have my two 180s ready to fly at the same time I had a minor face-plant on my 2 blade heli it only strip the rear pinion gear I replaced the gear checked everything out everything was fine and I specially paid attention to the rear servo having put three servos on this Heli already. I packed up all my stuff headed to the park I had to rebind it to my DX8 and I plug in the battery and I'm like trying to straighten out the tail blades and they're stuck and the damn Servo is locked again can anybody tell me what is going on I'm desperate I keep going through Servo sand all's I did was plug it in and it seems to just like burn itself up I have it on 22 millisecond frame rate cuz they're analog servos and I just don't get it
I

Batwing

I gave up on my Blade 180 a long time ago. Too small and too easy to break torque tube. I have two 230s. Makes it easier to keep parts in stock. Last week one wire to tail motor broke at solder connection on flight. I was not able to maintain level flight rebuild time. This week I was flying the other 230 carbon fiber frame doing sport 3D tail boom came loose but I managed level landing. Easy repair lesson learned

Top Bottom