450 Tail rotor blade falure.

roger davis

Banned
Well, i finally started getting my first good hover on training wheels and then Bang! One of the tail rotor blades went off into lala land. The bolt is still there but the plastic blade is gone. This destroyed the tail rotor shaft in the process. Is this something i should be concerned with using the stock plastic blades? Roger.

Tony

Staff member
What brand of helicopter is this on? I had a HK450Pro that did this exact same thing and almost took my eye out. I didn't crash it, but I did remove all of the electronics and I destroyed the helicopter. The issue was weak parts, not the blades. This is when I purchased my Align heli. Best purchase I have made aside from my DX8.

When you order new blades, depending on what brand heli you have and size, GET ALIGN!. If this is a clone, I would replace every broken part with Align. If this is Align, then you found a very rare issue with one of their molded blades. I have never seen a blade fail. I have seen the plastic grips fail and if you have plastic grips, I would invest in metal ones. They are much stronger and will last much longer.

Let me know what heli you have.

murankar

Staff member
Most clones will have issues such as this. I believe that all the Align clones come from China and they have not the same quality control that Align has. Expect to have issues unless you slowly upgrade to Align.

I have replaced the tail output shaft with the Tarot version and they seem to hold real good.

Top Bottom