450 Tail Kick...

Rob Lancaster

Ok great!
Like I said the video quality sucks but before all the adjusting, you could see the severe bounce and kick, no problem...
Thanks,
Rster...

D.O.G.

Goblin 380 Supporter
That's great Rster...thanks for sharing :chickendance:Looks like you got the heli dialed in pretty damn good. So that's what it looks like flying a heli in Hawaii :arms:Good luck on your future flights and keep the videos coming :hdbng:

Rob Lancaster

Just out of curiosity, did anyone recognize the mountain and summit that was in the clouds in the video? Hint; it's a world famous hike that is a one of a kind... go ahead, ask...……….

Hey! All is well with the 450! I set the P down to 1 and upped the main gain a bit and BOOM!! Perfect!! No oscillation no bounce and no kick! Bad ass!!!!!!!

You guys are da bes!!
Thanks crew!!
Rster...

D.O.G.

Goblin 380 Supporter
Hey Rster. That's what I was talking about," So that's what it looks like flying a heli in Hawaii :arms:" beautiful back ground :). I'm asking about the mountain. Do tell :eek:

D.O.G.

Goblin 380 Supporter
I know that there's some excellent MMA fighter that come out of Hawaii, BJ Penn & Max Holloway . I wonder if they use that mountain as part of their training :).
Hey Rster. That's what I was talking about," So that's what it looks like flying a heli in Hawaii :arms:" beautiful back ground :). I'm asking about the mountain. Do tell :eek:

I know that there's some excellent MMA fighter that come out of Hawaii, BJ Penn & Max Holloway . I wonder if they use that mountain as part of their training :).

Rob Lancaster

The summit that disappears into the clouds at 2700 feet is the famous Haiku Valley's Stairway to Heaven...
I first went up when I was 12. That's when it was a Coast Guard Navigation Station. The antenna went from one side of the valley to the other side. About 1.5 miles across.

More info on this unbelievable hike is all over the web so take a look and be blown away... I went up a total of 16 times through out the years and with the last two visits we spent the night. Party, party,, party!!!

Now the whole world knows about it. No kidding; I've talked to people from all over Europe, Australia, Asia, USA and more! Our little valley is world famous, I never would of guessed it...………….. Oh hey, the tour chopper action is now plentiful because the FAA lifted the no fly zone over and in Haiku valley because of the closure of the Omega station...… The antenna was removed over 20 years ago. Pisses me off,, that was my play ground growing up...

I almost forgot. We had a bad chopper crash today just about 5 mile from the house here. The pilot and two passengers were killed. According to witnesses, the R-44 had pieces falling off of it. It also caught on fire in the air and nosed in on a busy street. Hello NTSB again; Damn!!!

Rob...

Last edited:

Tony

Staff member
Hey Rob, I just want to put this out there. Putting your email address on a public forum is asking for scam bots to find it and send it to a service to spam the crap out of you. If you want to leave it there, that is fine, but just know, there is no way, on a public forum that I can stop these bots from seeing it and taking it. If you want me to remove it, or if you can still edit the thread, I would highly suggest you do so.

Tony

Staff member
Just trying to look out for the members. I have to type that out about once a day, every day, on different sites lol

D.O.G.

Goblin 380 Supporter
Hey Rster. I saw the news about the helicopter crash. Didn't mention if it was one of those tour guide helis or not. Either way it's not good.

Rob Lancaster

Oh! It was a cheepo tour job all right.
The R-44 is not something I want fly in!!!!…………..>>>>>>>>>>>
I'll take a Hughes/Mc-Donald 500!!! No shit; there're way better!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I could go on about that babee, but not now; HA!...…..
Rob.

Top Bottom