450 Tail Kick...

Tony

Staff member
PID stand for Proportional Integral Derivative. It is not easy to explain what this is, but thankfully I have an article on that lol. It's kind of a long read, but hopefully it's worth it.

P.i.d. Tuning Explained

D.O.G.

Goblin 380 Supporter
Hey Rob. When you do get the settings you like, how about a video this time of your next flight. Tony is very good at telling you, with a video, what could be wrong or what might need to be done to help you out, just by sound and movement of your heli.

Rob Lancaster

WOW!! The part about smoking my ESC and motor with a too high D setting has my attention...
Ok I think I learned something tonight. That is; the P and I settings are done with ESC and the D setting is done in the gyro; right? Right...…….. Excellent!!

I think I may need to get the data link for the gyro...
I'll just bet that and the other settings are the cherry on the top I'm looking for!
Thanks crew!
Rster...

Tony

Staff member
I don't think you can adjust the D. Only P and I. Could be wrong, I have never owned one of those gyros.

Rob Lancaster

Hummm,,,,, interesting...………
I wish Spartan would find the time to get back to me.
Anyway, thanks and the article was enlightening for sure.

Oh I almost forgot,, what was your favorite gyro for a flybar setup??
Stay tuned buddy!
Rster...

Rob Lancaster

Great news guys!!
I lowered the P gain today from the Default 4 to 3 and took it out for a test flight. It made a big deference but still wiggled a tiny bit.

So I went from P3 to P2 and I think I got it. It was windy today so when the wind hit the tail it seemed to have good hold with no kick or bounce when jabbed. The rest should be easy now. Even though I could live with it very easily the way it is now...

Oh I almost forgot. I had a near head on with a bird today. It's only a matter of time my friends...
Thanks for it all you guys! Haiku Air is back in service!!!!!
Rster...

Rob Lancaster

HA! I get it,,, I love you guys...
Ok, I'll try to dig up a decent camera. The one I have is a POS.. It'll work though.
Rster...

murankar

Staff member
D is a setting you really don't want to mess with. Its very susceptible to noise and/or vibrations. It will amplify those artifacts.

Untill your more knowledgeable in the P I D control loop stuff don't bother with the D.

Rob Lancaster

Roger that..
The way things are going, there will be no need to play with the D setting. Besides that setting (if I'm correct) is in the gyro and I don't have the data link for that.
Thanks boss!
Rster...

Rob Lancaster

I'm sorry guys; this is the best I can do with the video.
She really is flying much better but after the wind dies down again we can continue with putting the cherry on the top of the cake. Rster...

Tony

Staff member
Nope, it is still private. Make sure to not only switch it to Public or Unlisted, but also hit that save button. I have made that mistake as well lol.

Top Bottom