Micro Tail issues with my 130x now....

My 130x has been flying great then while trying to do nose in etc i dropped it a couple times. worked fine after that. brought it home. tried it this morning and it was acting strange. in the middle of spool up it would quit and the blue light would go to flashing. changed batts and now it doesnt quit or flash but the tail servo decides on its own when its gonna move and sometimes not at all. Ill start it up, bind it, initialize everything seems to work. give it throttle and the tail servo quits doing anything. Any ideas? Is it just and electrical problem?

EyeStation

And if they did not put that big heat shrink tube around the 3 n 1, you could check for bad solder flows on the board. A couple hits on a bad solder joint may crack away the flux that was gluing the bad connection.

And if they did not put that big heat shrink tube around the 3 n 1, you could check for bad solder flows on the board. A couple hits on a bad solder joint may crack away the flux that was gluing the bad connection.
Cool, Eye, I'll check that too during disassemble

Well. after a quick dissection i found two wires on the rudder servo had exposed wire at exactly the same spot and were touching. Fixed that, reassembled and all seemed fine...till i tried to fly. For some reason before throttle the rudder works as it should but once i give throttle the tail locks in one position and doesnt move until i take throttle off and then it moves fine again. what the heck?!

Tony

Staff member
You need to look at the board very closely. I'm talking under a magnifying glass. Look at the FET's and see if you see one that looks wet or cracked. The FET's are the 3 black squares on the top left of this board under the wires. Also check the black square on the right as well and any other ones on the other side if there are any.

130x10a3-500x500.JPG

130x10a3-500x500.JPG

heli-maniac

To test the servo just swap the plug to one of the others and see if it stops working if it dose its the servo
if it stays working than its the board

If its the board and you cant fix it
These guys are good and cheep
http://www.megasmicros.com/

Last edited:

EyeStation

I'll vouch for MegasMicros. I bought a replacement board from him. I installed it and ran for one battery till lipo cutoff. Then installed a second battery and the motor started to chug, like it was missing a phase input to the motor.
I showed him a video of what it was doing. He wanted me to send it back to him for swapping. Before I shipped it back I asked if he would do the repair of the BEC on my original board.
I packed them both up and returned them to him. The day after he got the package I got an e-mail saying the board checked out fine on his bench, and that my original board was repaired. I questioned the cost for his service, and he refused to take anything.
He went through the trouble of proving his board was good, AND fixed my original damaged board for nothing but the label of "Great Customer Service".

I did find that one leg of my brushless motor had started to fray at the point where the soldered wire attached to the coil windings.

Crappy part of the entire deal was paying $48 at Hobbytown USA for a $39.99 List price motor.

Last edited:

Tony

Staff member
And thus another reason to stay away from hobbytown. I was screwed over in there a couple weeks ago. Not to thread jack, just sayin...

Thanks Eyestation I may have to check them out as Im not having much luck yet. And Tony, I couldnt agree more. We have a HobbyTown (not affiliated with HT USA) here in Tacoma that will match ANY price on the Net and will actually negotiate any items price in his store! Pretty cool, just wish he had Heli knowledge. Well, thanks for all the info guys. Im gonna let my 130x rest a bit and go flying my (thanks to you all) great flying 450's today.

Top Bottom