General Tail help

markjack411

hi there im not sure if im posting this in the right place but hopefully I am.
I have followed spectrum dx6i set up videos which were exellent by the way.
I have got a problem with the rudder as if I turn it left it goes over no problem and centres afterwards, but when moving it to the right it only moves about a quarter of the distance that the left does.
I have tried a different servo and gyro from my second heli but the same happens.
hopefully some wise person can put me right so that I can get it in the air.
thanks
mark

Slobberdog

Go into your travel adjust menu move the stick in the direction that its only moving a small amount and check the value is 100%

Tony

Staff member
Before you do what Kev suggested, what gyro are you using? Most gyros will have their own endpoint adjustment built into them and they do NOT like to have any changes in the Tx. Doing so will cause mucho issues. Let us know what gyro you are using, what heli and so on and we can help you out further.

markjack411

Before you do what Kev suggested, what gyro are you using? Most gyros will have their own endpoint adjustment built into them and they do NOT like to have any changes in the Tx. Doing so will cause mucho issues. Let us know what gyro you are using, what heli and so on and we can help you out further.

i am using a gaz 125 gyro on a trex450 se with a spectrum ar6200 receiver and a spectrum dx6i transmitter.
mark

Tony

Staff member
Just did a search on that gyro and it looks like it's a pretty cheap piezoelectric gyro. Since it is a piezoelectric gyro, you MUST use sub trim or end points to adjust the full travel of the rudder. What I would do is set your gyro gain to 35% which would put you in rate mode and 90º the servo arm to the linkage rod, then adjust the rod so that your slider is in the center of the tail shaft. Once that is done, pull right and left rudder with the stick, and adjust your endpoints so that you get full travel without binding. From there, it's just a matter of setting the gyro gain to 65% and flying it to see if you need to go up or down. Hope this helps.

Top Bottom