450 Tail drifts left and right

trainrider06

Ok try to keep this short and sweet.
Blade 400 3D flew fine tail steady, next day all the sudden tail
Is drifting from rt to left. G210 gyro, ds76t servo.
Checked shafts, tail boom tail shaft, blade balance, different blades, different servo gyro
Head setup, tail setup gains, the only difference messing with gains is the tail goes from being very very soft with almost no tail control to a tail that is more locked in but lazily swings from one side to the other, only a bit quicker
Oh yeah belt tension is adjusted also.
So anyone have any idea's???? I'm at a loss here.....

Tony

Staff member
Have you taken the linkage rod off the servo and moved it by hand? any play anywhere?

Tony

Staff member
Only other thing that I can think of is your Tx is controlling the wrong channel. Have you verified you can flip between rate and hh with the change of status light on the gyro?

trainrider06

When I adjust it down too much on gains it goes into rate mode I hadn't tried a switch though......I have the gains adjustment set on F-mode as usual, is says gear channel down on the lower left side of the DX8 in the gyro menu.

KLA

You still have that Spartan Quark, right? I'd start with putting that on, although you said you've changed gyros so you probably already did.
Is your tail control rod flexing at all?

trainrider06

hi Keith, yeah i have looked at everything 2-3 different times on this little piggy and still the same thing!
It's very frustrating, because it flew nice and stable at first with the G210/DS76T gyro/servo combo. Then from one day to the next the tail does this!
Yes I put a Quark on it thinking that the G210 was one of those work sometime gyro's that Blade and others like to build, also put an Align DS430mg servo on it. It's the same combo that is on the other 400, which flies very nice!
but to no avail, still does the same thing.....Take a look
[video=youtube_share;Ql0plI0b_6E]https://youtu.be/Ql0plI0b_6E[/video]

trainrider06

talking to rick though reminded me of the time I bound my Blade to the DX8. It just wouldn't fly! Had to swap it back to the DX6i. i am wondering if it's just some radio glitch....

Last edited:

KLA

Seems like every time you give it any stick input, wether it is collective or cyclic, that is when the tail starts to kick out a bit. And it always kicks in the same direction, to the left. Are you sure there is not a voltage problem with the ESC?

trainrider06

Ahhh yes one of my many considerations.
It could very well be an issue like that. I did notice that the motor seemed quite warm after messing with it.
Where as the other one the motor runs quite cool and it has a YEG 40a esc on it. Hmm?

KLA

Well, I could be totally wrong. But, that's what it looked like to me from watching the video. Plus, you've already checked everything else. You can always try the good ol Chinese Weights and the tail will take less power to hold therefore not robbing the ESC of power.

trainrider06

Thought about slapping some tail blades from my 450 pro on it too.....but the thing is it flew fine with everything that's on it and then all the sudden didn't.

trainrider06

Although I don't fly it long because it's worrisome with that tail flicking around the battery seems to be discharging normally

KLA

Just trying to cover all the basics. I'm sure you already tried adjusting the gain, right?

Tony

Staff member
Stick a test ESC on it and see if that solves the issue. If so, then Keith hit the nail on the head and your BEC is going out.

Top Bottom