General tail drift ?

treff

I had my first flight of hk450 belt after fitting DFC head. Cured the tip over problem and smooth take off WOW!. Ultra sensitive on the sticks so dialled in some expo and dir on the TX. Flies very
differently to FBL head. The one problem I am having is the tail is drifting to the right. It is locked in solid when spooling up but drifts quite badly in the hover. Any suggestions
would be very welcome indeed. Well, it flies but it seems very strange. I suppose with FB head the paddles are always trying to level the helicopter out. The DFC head goes where you
point it so to speak in a very positive manner. If you give left or right it stays left, right, until another command from the TX. One other thing I noticed it sounds fantastic with the DFC head, very different.
Cheers
I forgot to mention I upped the gyro gain in the TX to 45 but it did not make any difference. I'm not sure if I
Have to do it in the 3gx unit.

Last edited:

Slobberdog

First the sensitivity, go into the software on your pc and put on simulated flybar to 60% and cyclic dampening to 40% and flight condition control to 70% that should help with a lot of the edginess,

the tail drift adjust your rod so it removes the drift on your tail it might need a bit more authority or less on the blades to help the gyro! In the DFC manual it tells you to set up the tail centre slider, and this gives a bit of positive pitch on the tail blades, I don't know how yours is set up precisely so this is just a suggestion,

As is the settings above, it's what I was flying in v3.1 I liked them but you might not, it's just a starting point,

treff

Hi Kev, Thanks for that. Yes very sentitive. Good fun! but blimey you have to be on your toes LOL. Found the tail drift problem.
I don't know why but the tail servo refuses to work. If I put pressure on the arm it works. Could be one of the gears is shot. Will
strip that down. Yes when it is in the hover now it's on rails, just sits there. I could go and have a cuppa LOL Not quite but you know
what I mean. Great fun. It sounds so different very, quite and yet powerful. Thanks again for the info Kev very kind of you to take
the time. We are off baby sitting for a few days now so will have another bash when I get back. Cheers

EyeStation

Congrat's on the flight and spotting your problem. I know the sound difference between my FB 450 and the Tarot FBL are night and day. They sound less intimidating when running smooth.

treff

Cheers EyeStation, I stripped the rudder servo down frigged around with it put it back together and hey presto, it works. But do I trust it? That's the question.
Think I will try to get some new gears for it although I can not see anything wrong. Well I hope the weather improves here in the next week and I can get
some stick time in.

Tony

Staff member
Check out my Flight Mode Settings videos. In there, I show how to tame the 3GX down. If you are running 4.0 in that gyro, you now know why everyone is saying to go with 3.1. There are horrible tail issues in 4.0.

Top Bottom