600 T-Rex 550e DFC Maiden

Tony

Staff member
Can't wait to see it. When you are flying, just know that you are in control, and don't let anyone talk you into anything unless they have another Tx in their hands and can take control. Tell them to "shut it" lmao. But I know what you are saying.

Doum066

Well, there it is. As i said, crappy recording, no ability to zoom... I did lots of mistakes, the pack i flew before that one in the movie, was way better, i was, as a said nervous with the guys watching and near by, i still need lots of practice, so bear with me here :p I started flying CP Heli this febuary or march, and only started doing maneuvers a few days ago, and flips last week. I do have to get the habbit of doing some stuff properly, for instance, when i get out of a half-loop inverted and flip sideway to get back up right (the so called half cuban 8) :)) i got to get use to always give aileron oposite to the way the heli comes from, ie: when it comes from my left, i need to give right aileron, if not, if not properly synchronise, the heli as it turns over and i get from 0 deg pitch to slowly transition positiv pitch, the heli will come towards me.. as seen at 0:55 secs, i gave left aileron and the heli slide a bit toward me... safer to make it slide opposite to me. :) At 3:10 min was better.

Other mistake, when coming out of inverted to make my way back from a rainbow, i gave in positive pitch with elevator, instead of negative pitch and elevator at 1:48 min.

It was getting dark, so i didn't felt confortable to fly it too high and fly in the shade. I promess i'll get a better video soon. :) But you can see this bird is flying nicely, i love it.

T-Rex 550e DFC - First few aeobatics - YouTube

Tony

Staff member
I guess your friend got tired of recording the nose in hovering lol. Great flying. Keep it up.

As for the zooming in, you don't want to do that. When you zoom into an aircraft, it's very hard to keep it in frame.

Doum066

lol, yeah, i told him i was simply hovering to drop my pack to the voltage i like to get them down to, so he stoped recording. :) You're right about the zooming, didn't thought about this. :)

Doum066

I flew 3 packs tonight, i was alone. and those 3 packs were really a progression, at the 3rd pack, i was not nervous at all, and i finaly got the touch with my bird and start to know how she reacts, i was able finaly to hover inverted and controlling were i wasted ther to go and was able to get upright the different ways i did in the sim... i even hovered inverted for about 30-45 sec, the reason i got out of inverted, was beacause i don't how good or bad flying inverted can be to the heli, or how long is fine or not. But in other words, i get more and more confident and start forgetting all the badlucks i had since i started. :) I feel way less scared to loose it while i do trick than FF circuits, when it gets too far and end up loosing orientation because of poor eye sight.... made me loose my 500 in corn field :( So i'm scared to do circuits for now :)

Tony

Staff member
You can take off, flip inverted and fly the whole pack I you wanted. It's not going to hurt anything by flying inverted. Sounds like you are getting along better than me lol.

Doum066

You can take off, flip inverted and fly the whole pack I you wanted. It's not going to hurt anything by flying inverted. Sounds like you are getting along better than me lol.

Well i did learn A LOT and i mean A LOT with your videos, post, video comments.. so, it's all your fault if i get that better :p And i got to admit, i did lots and lots of sim to learnt he mechanics.. and until my brain does the flying by reflex, i train it to learn some tricks and after a while it goes away and it flies naturaly... as i did with nose in, i started to fly telling myself when nose in, you simply send the bird the side you don't want her to go.... so if it drifts at your right and there a tree, well, simply give right aileron to smash it in the tree, but tadam, it goes at your left :p And after lots of practice, it does now naturaly, no need to think...

i did the same with flying inverted.. stupid trick i found was, if it's inverted and side in to me, nose pointing at my right, then tail at my left, if you input aileron the side of the nose (so nose pointing your right, right aileron), the bird comes toward you, if you input aileron the side of the tail (if tails point your left, left aileron), it goes away from you, if it moves forward and you want it to come backward, well, simply input elevator the way you don't want her to go... so if it drift forward, give in cyclic up elevator and vice versa.... i'm starting now to react naturaly... stupid tricks, but it does the job...

Tony

Staff member
Just goes to prove, I'm a better teacher than a pilot lol. When I'm flying, I just do what is there. If I'm nose in, I know all of the controls are reversed. My hardest by far is right side in, don't know why lol. When inverted, I know that inverted nose in, elevator is correct, aileron is backwards. Tail in, elevator is backwards and aileron is correct. Just have to do what works for you.

BOKI

DoumO66; That was a Great flight ! & The Best in your RC Flying! Thanks for the Video also!

Doum066

Just goes to prove, I'm a better teacher than a pilot lol. When I'm flying, I just do what is there. If I'm nose in, I know all of the controls are reversed. My hardest by far is right side in, don't know why lol. When inverted, I know that inverted nose in, elevator is correct, aileron is backwards. Tail in, elevator is backwards and aileron is correct. Just have to do what works for you.

Well to be honest from the videos i'Ve seen, you'Re a good pilot :p even in the video you dare call boring as in your post « Tony FINALLY Flying again!!! Boring though... » you do moves i find impressives, such as your funnels, i don'T ven dare try in the sim yet :p And your figures 8 are amazing with that small size heli :p I'm still not able to do 8's, they more likely looks like zigzags more than 8's lol

- - - Updated - - -

DoumO66; That was a Great flight ! & The Best in your RC Flying! Thanks for the Video also!

Thanks for the kind words.

Tony

Staff member
It was boring, it was just flying lol. You are actually fipping and suck. Hopefully I will be doing some of that here soon.

Doum066

It was boring, it was just flying lol. You are actually fipping and suck. Hopefully I will be doing some of that here soon.

Lol, i hope it was a typo and you meant « such » if not, how rude lolol, because i know i « suck » for now, but one day it will be great :p :victorious:

Tony

Staff member
Holy crap lmao. Yeah, i did mean such. Posting again while tired and before coffee lmao. My bad bro! Definitely meant "such". Damn, I feel bad about that one lmao. Friggin fingers.

Doum066

lol, no worry Tony. :) I really laughed that one though. :) And i do also blame the lack of coffee with morning mistakes at the office. :p

Top Bottom