600 T-Rex 550e DFC - COG

Doum066

Greetings guys,

As i just finished building my new 550E DFC, i found out it was tail heavy, from the search i did on forums and stuff, it seems to be the problem of the last versions using the 600 boom and tail stuff... i guess if i would had installed the ESC under the battery pack or more on front on the frame that might helped a bit, but still... how did you guys manage to fix this? I'm using Gen Aces 5000 packs, some uses Gen Aces 5300 packs, and still have COG issue.

1.jpg4.JPG

1.jpg

IMG_0417.jpg

4.JPG

flysolo

I run 45c pulse 4500 mah (760g) and have the esc under the battery tray. I have to put the battery further to the front to improve cog. Still not perfect but good enough for me.

Doum066

I just realised this afternoon... i did install upgrades that might, add weight...

Metal Anti-Rotation Bracket
Metal Tail Servo Housing
Metal Horizontal Stabilizer Bracket
Metal Vertical Fin Bracket

- - - Updated - - -

Let me know how this bird works out for you I have my eye on one also.

Will doo dude, for now i'm having an issue, BeastX is always a pain in this ass to program ESC with, and makes it even worse with CC ESCs. done much stuff on the web to program the ESC and Thorttle End Points, all the bypass stuff, and stil doesn't work, i'm able to get it right with a receiver, but when i rebing witht he BeastX, The ESC doesn'T want to arm the motor... gotta try the trick with an external BEC, gotta solder EC3 on my 600 BEC. Ever since the start this bird gave me trouble :S

flysolo

I just realised this afternoon... i did install upgrades that might, add weight...

Metal Anti-Rotation Bracket
Metal Tail Servo Housing
Metal Horizontal Stabilizer Bracket
Metal Vertical Fin Bracket

That's not going to make much difference, the cog is way off with the 600 boom and the only thing to play with really is the battery. There is a lot of space under the canopy so bigger and heavier battery or move it forward.

Doum066

That's not going to make much difference, the cog is way off with the 600 boom and the only thing to play with really is the battery. There is a lot of space under the canopy so bigger and heavier battery or move it forward.

For now i'll try with the packs i have, at the price those packs start to be, i got to stop spending for now, after 3 packs at 150 $ each.... i'll use them, and see how it flies for now.. but for now, i can'T get this freaking Talon ESC to arm, i've tried all i could find on the web to set it up with a BeastX and nada, i can get it work with a normal Spektrum RX, but with the BeastX no freaking way, using a receiver pack to bypass it's BEC or with an external BEC, nada... i'm just about to loose pa patience and throw this sh** CC out my window.. :(

flysolo

For now i'll try with the packs i have, at the price those packs start to be, i got to stop spending for now, after 3 packs at 150 $ each.... i'll use them, and see how it flies for now.. but for now, i can'T get this freaking Talon ESC to arm, i've tried all i could find on the web to set it up with a BeastX and nada, i can get it work with a normal Spektrum RX, but with the BeastX no freaking way, using a receiver pack to bypass it's BEC or with an external BEC, nada... i'm just about to loose pa patience and throw this sh** CC out my window.. :(

Well I use those smaller packs as well and it works ok. The battery has to hang over the front of the tray quite a bit but seems to stay in place.

I never used the beastx but the esc needs a 0-throttle signal to arm. Maybe the throttle needs to be calibrated in the beastx before it can arm the esc?

Doum066

Well I use those smaller packs as well and it works ok. The battery has to hang over the front of the tray quite a bit but seems to stay in place.

I never used the beastx but the esc needs a 0-throttle signal to arm. Maybe the throttle needs to be calibrated in the beastx before it can arm the esc?

Will try to get the pack more in front then... but as for the BeastX, after 2 tiems trying out stuff, reading forums and stuff, yesterday i decided to send a mail to Castle support.. replied to me today... told him what i'Ve tried, and he gave me some tricks, which i have all tried before, and as he said, if binding to a AR7010 or any RX not the BX works, then it isn't the ESC the problem... so i got hime, tried, nothing worked on the BX but fine again on the AR7010.. so i decided to clear this stuff out, i took my 500 out, bind and tried on it's BX, and bam, first try worked, so the problem all the way was my new BX... so now i'm trying to reach Horizon Hobby to know what to do, since after 14 days after purchasing, the HS i bought it from, cannot do anything, and it has been about a month.. but i only received the ESC last thursday, that sucks because i couldn't try it out until the ESC came in :((((

To be continued..

You can'T imagine how i can'T wait to fly this 550, from the start i encoutered problem... damn we are Agust 5 and i bought my kit July 1st lol

Top Bottom