450 T-Rex 450 Pro DFC/FBL - First Build Rudder/Servo/Rudder Link Rod Issue

Doum066

Greetings all,

I'm new here, and as i can say still new in this hobby.

I got my self my new and first build last week, not easy to start building this up, thanksfully i found Tony's videos building a Pro V2 3GX, really helpful.

Here's my problem, as i followed is videos, last night, i took off all my servos, centered set them up, them reposition them in the frame, now, tonight as i almost fnished this first build, after wiring stuff up, i turn on the TX, then plug in the battery, then i start to hear a non-stop buzzing from my Spektrum's AR7200BX.. woundered what my prob was, so is tarted to trouble shoot, pluged only on servo at a time to see which one is causin this, and ended up being my Rudder... then with lots of tries to troubleshhoot, i realised it does that when i plug to the servo, the Rudder link Rod, as if it's trying hard to move, so i tried lots of stuff, one ball link in on one side, no prob.. etc.. i tried to loosen up the balll link on both ends of the rod, and even screw them back again... no success,,,

Any cluw how i could properly set my tail?

Thanks

Tony

Staff member
Have you went through the tail setup? If not, watch teh video below and go through it to setup the end points. Make sure your tail slider is moving smoothly and the rod is going through the holders like it should.

Just an FYI, Digital servos will always make some noise. But you should not feel them getting hot while just sitting there. If they are getting hot, or even warm, then there is a bind somewhere.

Here is the 3GX setup video.

3GX Setup Part 1 Complete Initial Gyro Setup - YouTube

Lee

Check your whole rudder system from the link that attaches to the servo, all the way back to the tail blade grips is smooth with no binding. If thats ok then as Tony said, if its just a slight buzzing, thats normal for digital servos. Make sure you have the frequency set correctly for that specific servo in your 3GX. And your end points are set up right.

Doum066

Thanks for the replies guys,

Tony, once more a great video, as i mentionned to you on Youtube, really helful videos, but it's a bit different since i do not use the 3GX version, i bought the 3GX less version to install the AR7200BX in it (Full rage Rx + FBL system) So i guess i'll start to read the entire booklet of the AR7200BX since i finished the build last night finaly, and couldn't find any videos yet to set this up with my DX6i.

I knew it was normal to hear non stop sound form servos, but it was mainly a buzz coming out of the Ar7200BX and was more a buzzing tone than a workin servo noise or a simple beep.

So i ended up trying to find the prob before getting to bed last night, and i discovered my prob was mainly my Rudder Link Rod, it was either too loose so the servo wasn't working as intended, so i tighhend the brackers with tire-wraps a little more, and now the buzzing is over, it just keeps working after i cycled my rudder on the TX sometimes, but way less, but i've been folling around so much trying to fix stuff, that i ended up bending the link a little, good thing i bought spare parts qhen i ordered my Build box. :))

After work tonight i'll change this and try it out, then it'S reading time for the AR7200Bx instructions, trying to find a proper setting for beginners. :) Which makes me thing i'll post a thread about this ont he dedicated forum.

BTW if any of you with a correctly working heli, could post picture of different angle views of the tail boom and link rod, i wanna see how straight it goes down to the servo arm, is it parrallel to the tail boom, or slighty deviated since the servo arm if a little bit offset from under the tailboom/frame, wasn't sure, because straight as the tail boo, it would make a little curve in the link reaching the horn arm.

Thanks

Doum

Tony

Staff member
ah okay, we are having so many new members sign up that I can't remember one from teh other lol. But yeah, I remember you on youtube now.

There are a lot of people on here that have setup the bx and I'm sure someone can post up on how to set everything up. I have never owned one so I'm not sure.

If you are talking about the rod having to bend down slightly to reach the servo ball, that is normal. Just make sure the first block is back far enough so that the bend is not extreme and the metal can bend without getting any kind of fatigue making it want to bend permanently.

As for the setup on the DX6i, that is going to be the exact same as I have put in most of my first videos. the settings in the Tx will not change with that gyro, it will be just like setting up any other heli.

Doum066

Cool, i'll be looking at those vids soon, i wanna go through and read the AR7200BX booklet, reading something as i discovered, avoid asking stupid questions on forums. ;)

I'll be looking at your TX settings videos soon.

Top Bottom