450 T-Rex 450 Pro DFC build

stevebtx12

Still pretty early on in my build. I do have a question, I'm having some issues getting the collar screw through the gear and main shaft. Any suggestions, it just won't quite line up. Here's a quick pic. Thanks for any help.

Chompwat

Hey Steve, I found it a juggle too. The problem is the one way bearing moves out of lines as you insert the bolt.
I used a small screwdriver to line up the holes in the gear and the one way bearing, then backed the screwdriver out enough to put the gear on the shaft, then inserted the bolt.
Good luck, and enjoy your build! I'll be following!

stevebtx12

Thanks Chompwat, I figured out using one of the small allen wrenches helped get it lined up and through. I'm on to figuring out the wiring now. Will post more pics soon.

stevebtx12

It's come a long way in a few days, I have to work out an issue with the rudder servo and travel, but I've already got everything else pretty well set up and configured :).

Tony

Staff member
Sorry about that moderated post. Couple more posts, and it will stop doing that. Just an anti-spam measure.

Helicopter is looking great. Cant' wait to see it in the air.

stevebtx12

Did a couple of maiden hovers this morning. I put the skids on until I could see what it was going to do, but I was really impressed with how smooth and stable it was. The skids are already off, and I'm ready for some calm weather so I can go to the field I usually fly in to get in some real flying :eagerness:.

fly on all

Top Bottom