General Swashplate

D.O.G.

Goblin 380 Supporter
Happy safe 4th of July everyone!
I would like to ask anyone how can you tell when the swashplate on my heli is worn out. My swashplate is about 1 year old and seems to me that it's working fine,I think? Everything wears out eventually in time, so when is it time to replace? I have been using White lithium spray grease to lubricate some of my parts and like to know if this is OK to use or not? Thanks for past help everyone and be safe this 4th of July and use smart common sense while having fun! :)

coolgabsi

Super Mod & DEAL KING!
Hey ! Happy 4th of July!! :)

Swash plates of most new helicopters are made of metal.. If yours is too.. Then you will crash and destroy it earlier than it will wear out.

If you say you use lithium grease on stuff , then that's good as nothing should have unnecessary friction, that'll wear on things more.

I would check it... By popping the swash balls off and trying to see if there is any play in that center ball that the mainshaft passes through. That's the first point of slop, and them check bearing for grittiness. If nothing on both. You are good.

Now what heli is this? What size? How do you fly? 3D ?

I have had swashes fail on micros FAST. They wear out cause usually are made of soft metal.and on one bigger heli, 600 size as the swash was made of plastic. Rather than that, I have broken swash plates :D

D.O.G.

Goblin 380 Supporter
Hey there coolgabsi, thanks for the 411. I have a Tarot 450 prov2, AR 7200BX RX, and my flying " if you want to call it that" starting to learn how to do flips. I guess is called scale flying with a flip.

coolgabsi

Super Mod & DEAL KING!
Hey there coolgabsi, thanks for the 411. I have a Tarot 450 prov2, AR 7200BX RX, and my flying " if you want to call it that" starting to learn how to do flips. I guess is called scale flying with a flip.

If you are starting of learning and taking it slow that great!!!

And for tarot, you dont have to worry for a while for parts wearing out. On a crash though, check EVERYTHING!!' Wiggle every bearings, listen to it, and feel it, and yes keep it running smooth

Careful lubricatiom on parts, realize, sticky oil or spray film is going to attract dust also. So if you lube it, clean it well, and make sure you aren't attracting and accumulating dust

Top Bottom