450 Swashplate Tilting

mousie

Hey Guys, I got a problem with my swashplate tilting as I go full collective. I have a EXI 450 with two servos mounted in the front and the third mounted in the rear.Seems as I go from center servo position to full collective the swash wants to tilt as it rises.Almost like one of the servos in the front is moving at a different rate than the other side, the back servo looks ok as the swash is not tilting from front to back but from side to side.I tried messing with the end points but that really is not the problem.I have another EXI the same as this one with all the same servos and this one works fine all servos move at the same rate.Can aneyone shed some light on this problem.

Thanks Joe

coolgabsi

Super Mod & DEAL KING!
Thar is an indication of that the ball joint on the servo horn is not equally distant from the servo center on that particular center. That's why that particular servo has less throw and when all servos go from a to z , that one servo can only push till may be a to q (just a metaphor ;) )

If your servos are sub trimmed perfectly 90 degrees at mid stick and swash is level, and the swash push rods are all same length, then make sure that the ball on the servo horns are all equally spaced. Just measure how much you have on the other two or see which hole is their ball in, and match that to this servo...

The motion of a servo horn is circular really, so after a point it reaches it's peak and the amount of throw drops .. If this makes sense. Farther away from the center of the servo and you get a larger throw distance.... :)

After this you might have to level your swash again by changing push rod length. Check the travel to see it remains level... Keep all travel adjustments at 100 percent.

mousie

I know what you are saying,but all my horns are the same and all are in the same holes as the others.All where set to 90 at center stick,and that is what it seems like I have one in the wrong hole and has less or more travel but they are not.Could it be a bad servo?I have crashed it a few times.

callsign4223

Staff member
I had that problem on my blade 400. It turned out to be stripped servo gears only allowing the servo to move about half of it's normal throw. You can manually move the 2 front servos and see if one feels like it is hanging, thats how I could tell on mine.

coolgabsi

Super Mod & DEAL KING!
what callsign said might be very very true in your case. If it has been through crashes, stripped servos happen :) that might be what happened there :)

hope you get it sorted :)

Lee

+1 move the servo by hand. If it feels crunchy at any point, then its stripped.

Tink0027

It does sound like a stripped servo...dependant on what sort they are you could possibly get a gear replacement kit. They start at around a fiver. I recommend upgrading to metal gears if you can. The kits again start around the ten pound mark. In the UK that is...

Sent from my HTC Sensation Z710e using Tapatalk 2

Top Bottom