General Swash

putang

I noticed after all the set up that I did to my thunder tiger raptor. That the servo arms are not at 90 deg any more that the servo arms are not strait op and down . they are actually pointing opposite each other right side pointing forward and left side pointing rearward . also the swash doesn't seem to travel all the way up the shaft . which could be because of the servo arms . any help would be greatly appreciated .

Tony

Staff member
You first need to start with the servos. At mid stick with a linear pitch curve you need to set them perpendicular to the linkage rods. This is very important. Once that is done, do not touch subtrim or trim. Then you move to leveling the swash, then setting up the head. If you can post a picture of the linkage issue, that would help us out in solving your issue.

murankar

Staff member
Like Tony said, start at the servo: 90 degree the servo arms; Size the links per the manual and install them based on the ball to center measurments; Mount the links to swash and arms. Now its time for mechanical stuff. Put the radio at mid stick and check for zero pitch, if not adjust the links so the blades are at zero pitch. This part wil depend on leading edge control or tailing edge control. Follow links down to the swash and use common sense when adjusing the links. Use one turn at a time on each link.

Once zero pitch is acheived then you wil need to go and do your positive max pitch and negative max pitch. This wil be done based on your FBL and heli setup. Mine is all done in the FBL unit, BeastX requires mechanical adjusting to get equall positve and negative pitch.

Top Bottom