450 swash plate question

Sparse

i am setting up my heli, i have all my servos mixing together, However when i pull down the swash plate comes down but not to the bearing block, there is about an inch gap. the rod links are set with calibers so i know there right, i also know its a simple fix i just cant figure it out cause im new to this. any help would be great

Slobberdog

What heli you setting up

- - - Updated - - -

Strike that I see you have a 450 DFC, but what radio you using

Tony

Staff member
The first thing you need to do is make sure you have 0º of pitch at mid stick. From there, check your full positive and negative pitch and make sure they are within .5º of each other. If you are getting 10+º of pitch, then you don't need to adjust anything. However, if you are under that, then in the Tx somewhere should be a menu called Swash AFR, Swashplate, or something to that liking. In there, you will have 3 settings, Aileron, Elevator, And Pitch. Unlike sub trim, the Pitch adjusts your collective pitch together, not an independent servo. Raise or lower that value to achieve a minimum of 10º to a max of 12º collective pitch. And if you are running the 3GX, you MUST set your cyclic pitch to 8º, no more, no less. You can further adjust this in the flight mode settings after you are done with the DIR and Rudder setup. Hope this helps.

pvolcko

When it is setup properly the swash is not going to go all the way up to the head block or all the way down to the bearing block. There will be a gap.

Tony

Staff member
Great point Paul, there must be room so that you can give full collective and full cyclic at the same time without anything binding up. Total pitch on teh blades will be somewhere around 20º-24º depending on how aggressive your setup is.

Sparse

yeah i got it, however in the flight mode settings on the computer i tried to put the numbers in you gave me however i is not saving, im talking about the 10 15 70 from the video.

Tony

Staff member
Once you make the changes, you must hit "Write" for it to put the settings in the gyro. Make sure you have a Green USB at the top of the program.

Tony

Staff member
I apologize about that. I will see if I can remember to put an annotation on the video explaining just that.

Bruno

The first thing you need to do is make sure you have 0º of pitch at mid stick. From there, check your full positive and negative pitch and make sure they are within .5º of each other. If you are getting 10+º of pitch, then you don't need to adjust anything. However, if you are under that, then in the Tx somewhere should be a menu called Swash AFR, Swashplate, or something to that liking. In there, you will have 3 settings, Aileron, Elevator, And Pitch. Unlike sub trim, the Pitch adjusts your collective pitch together, not an independent servo. Raise or lower that value to achieve a minimum of 10º to a max of 12º collective pitch. And if you are running the 3GX, you MUST set your cyclic pitch to 8º, no more, no less. You can further adjust this in the flight mode settings after you are done with the DIR and Rudder setup. Hope this helps.

Tony, regarding a Trex 450 pro (non-dfc), is 8 degrees cyclic the max? I did not realize the 3GX had maximum cyclic preferences.

Tony

Staff member
Wow, your right, they changed it on me. In that case, set it to 10º. I have always used 8º then added more in the flight mode menu when I needed to.

Top Bottom