General Swash leveler

bigone5500

Thanks Geena. I don't know if the AR7200BX has that feature. It is locked up from the factory so you can't use it on another heli. I'll look though.

bigone5500

Problem found. The control arms are 90 degrees on the servos. When entering menu G I lowered the swash leveler and the problem was easily seen. I just need to figure out how it got this far off.

20221118_184945.jpg

Geena

Staff member
If you`ve crashed it recently, you should probably inspect the insides of the horns. They sometimes strip out in a crash, causing the horn to slip on the spline. Which could explain what you have going on here.

bigone5500

I almost bought a few parts online. I thout to myself that there may be a spare from my last crash. Glad I looked.

20221119_205710.jpg

bigone5500

How did that happen? did it break in a crash, or when you were taking it off? :(
I found it cracked. Then removed the screw and it just crumbled. I don't know. I have more spare parts than I realized so I'll be working on this tomorrow.

Geena

Staff member
I go over my helicopters every time I`m finished flying for the day. It`s a good habit to get into, and it can save you a lot of headaches. Now that the contest season is over for a few months, I`m in the middle of replacing all of the ball links, swash balls, and bearings in my contest helicopter. Plus some general maintenance to make sure it`s in top condition for next season.

One thing that you might want to consider changing on your helicopter that to me, gets overlooked a LOT.... is the gyro tape. It degrades over time, and loses its stickiness, that can allow the gyro to move or even come off.......very bad day if that happens. I change the gyro tape at the end of every season.

bigone5500

I go over my helicopters every time I`m finished flying for the day. It`s a good habit to get into, and it can save you a lot of headaches. Now that the contest season is over for a few months, I`m in the middle of replacing all of the ball links, swash balls, and bearings in my contest helicopter. Plus some general maintenance to make sure it`s in top condition for next season.

One thing that you might want to consider changing on your helicopter that to me, gets overlooked a LOT.... is the gyro tape. It degrades over time, and loses its stickiness, that can allow the gyro to move or even come off.......very bad day if that happens. I change the gyro tape at the end of every season.
I know the tape you speak of. I have replaced it before. I used 3M tape last time.

bigone5500

I just had a thought. The oil I have put on my swash bearing could have degraded the plastic on the servo case. Maybe caused the control arm to crack too. I didn't think that I put too much oil but I suppose it could have slung out.

Top Bottom