General Swash Leveler

bigone5500

I just got this reply from Horizon hobby. It is in regards to the question about certain menus on the AR7210BX that I could not access. Here is their response:

Yes, there are numerous "SAFE" menus that you will not be able to access. You should be able to set the model up properly with all of the menus you Do have access to.
The ones locked should not ever need readjusted.

So from what I gather, they sell the 270 CFX with the AR7210BX loaded with the SAFE function activated. However, to prevent it being sold off and used on other helis, they decided to disable access to these menus so others could not use them on anything else other than another 270. FYI for them: Microsoft has been doing this for years on windows operating systems...LMAO!!!!!!!

Tony

Staff member
I doubt I will ever purchase another BX gyro just for the reason of them ripping off the customer for the SAFE modes. Ikon has the same features for half the price.... Just my opinion though...

Tony

Staff member
With that said though, I do have a MB Knockoff that I'm about to install and do a review on since my adapter finally came in lmao. But the gyro is only $29...

sneezy007

I agree Ikon gyros are very good for the price. It really bugs me when these companies nickel and dime you to death.
Dino

bigone5500

I have since asked them for linkage lengths. I doubt they will be able to provide that info...but we will see.

Geena

Staff member
What about Vbar? You pay $250+ for a gyro that has their "express" firmware, and then you have to pay an additional $50 to get the "pro" version.

Tony

Staff member
Razor blade scam? I have not purchased razors in two years... lmao.

As for the V-Bar, it really depends on what you are getting. I feel that with the way the hobby is going, self level and bailout should be included on all flybarless controllers from the top manufacturers. I will probably never use these modes except for testing, but those that are just getting started in the hobby can at least have something that can save them a few hundred on their first crash.

Tony

Staff member
Nope, I just don't see the point. I will use them until they absolutely will not cut hair anylonger lol.

sneezy007

What about Vbar? You pay $250+ for a gyro that has their "express" firmware, and then you have to pay an additional $50 to get the "pro" version.

My point exactly Geena, why don't they include everything? Stuff like this drives me crazy!!
Dino

Smoggie

It's an extra $100 for the version with 'rescue'. It's a total ripoff. They claim it's to keep the price of the basic model down but that makes no sense because even without the extra $100 it's still one of the most expensive FBL available... That's one reason I'd never buy a new Vbar. The hardcore Mikado fans would pay anything though, they dont seem to care what price they get charged.

Top Bottom