General Swash Leveler

Smoggie

I only ever use a zip tie these days. I use a variation of the technique shown in the video. I like to leave the head on when i'm levelling the swash (saves a bunch of time) so instead of fastening a tie around the shaft I just fasten one around the head with the 'tail' of the tie pointing down and used in exactly the same way.

bigone5500

I'm having trouble with this method on the ix12. I'm trying to figure out the 'set the pitch curve to 50' thing. I go into pitch curve and adjust the indicator to 50 then turn on my heli. I'm pretty much lost after that.

Tony

Staff member
50 is just mid stick, but if you try to plug in a helicopter with the stick at mid stick, it will not initialize the ESC.

bigone5500

I think I may have got it. But I'm worried about the setting. I had to increase from 0 to 107 to get the swash to level. I'll post a screen from my phone.

Tony

Staff member
Can't that fancy new Tx take screen shots? lmao. I had to.

I'm not even sure what it is that you are setting up...

bigone5500

I'm trying to level the swash.

I turn on the Tx then the heli. After the heli initializes, I put the collective at 50%. I then put the wire tie at the arm for the elevator. Turn the rotor to the next arm and it doesn't touch (right side as viewed from the rear). I then go into the screen you see to adjust sub trim to get it to where it needs to be. After that, the left side arm is too high. This is the point I can't figure out how to get the arm down without affecting the right servo.

Admiral

Sounds to me like you need to adjust the linkages to get the swash as close as possible to level, then worry about adjusting the sub-trim to make it perfect.
I normally don't like to go over 20 or 30 on sub-trim before I make mechanical adjustments.

bigone5500

I think that may be my problem with it right now. I got the level pretty close but had to use a lot of sub trim. When I try to lift off, it wants to lean to the right pretty bad.

sneezy007

I agree with Keith, adjust the linkages first and get it as close as you can. A lot depends on the type of gyro you're using.
Dino

Smoggie

If this is a flybarless heli then you should not use any sub trim in the Tx to level the swash, ever.
You must level the servo arms using the servo adjustment in the FBL setup. After getting the servo arms level any adjustment to get the swash level should be by link length.

What FBL is this?

Last edited:

Smoggie

Than to level the swash you need to follow the setup process as per the manual. Sub trims on the Tx must be centred.

sneezy007

I have the AR7200BX on a few helis. It's quite a good gyro. Just take your time and follow the instruction manual.
I believe Tony has a video on the AR7200BX. Your gyro is probably not that different.
Dino

Top Bottom