General Swash and 3GX

treff

Does it matter if you change the swash plate settings in the TX when using 3GX system. I would try a flight but the weather here
is awful at the moment, high winds and rain. I wanted to know if it makes any difference after you have programmed 3GX. Cheers

Island Breeze

Senior Rc-Help Member
Well the 3GX is a FBL Controller so the mixing is done thru it. So yes it makes a difference. Just keep in mind that a FB controller the mixing is done thru the TX and with a FBL the mixing is done thru the controller. If I recall you should be at 120deg on radio.

Why would you want to change it.

Last edited:

Tony

Staff member
Actually, on a 3GX, the mixing is done in the Tx. It uses a 120º 3 servo swash unlike the Ikon or BX.

OP, if you make changes in the swash menu, you need to do it in DIR mode and not in normal mode. In normal mode, there are other things going on, and you will not get a correct reading. So always do it in DIR mode.

Tony

Staff member
Now the above post is for the original 3GX, not the 3GX MR or 3GX MRS. Those two use a single servo swash.

treff

Thanks very much for the info. I was just experimenting with a fly barred heli reducing the swash mix from 60 to 50 on the three axis to tame it down a little.
I am using a unknown motor and 14 toothed drive on the motor and I think I am getting to much head speed so I tamed it down in the swash mix. I was wondering
if I could do the same in my FBL heli to make it more docile. Thanks for the info. Cheers

Top Bottom