Super Moon Eclipse Time Lapse

Tony

Staff member
I try to get outside and shoot pictures of all of the eclipses. Tonight was no different. But this time, I decided to set up the Mobius and see how it did with a NO light situation. I have to say, with it being on a wide field of view, it did pretty darn well.

Again, this was shot with the Mobius Action Camera, 1 frame a second, 1920x1080 and in AVI format. I didn't mean to shoot in AVI though since I have to convert it to MP4 or something afterwards. But, it did what I needed it to do.

The thumbnail on this video is actually a photo I shot with my DSLR. I will be uploading those some other time in the near future, I hope lol.

Super Moon Eclipse Time Lapse Mobius 09 27 15 - YouTube

Tony

Staff member
With the mobius, I set it up so that when it started, it was in the center bottom of the screen. I forgot that it was going to go south, or right in this video. Otherwise I would have started it with it at the lower left. But this was just a static mount, the camera never moved.

RandyDSok

I got some semi-decent shots... but having only a zoom lens that only goes to 150mm was pretty limiting on the focus I could achieve

Tony

Staff member
Here is one of my shots with my XSi with no editing. Very large (the forum will shrink it) but you get the idea of just how much I had to edit it lol.

IMG_6429.jpg

IMG_6429.jpg

RandyDSok

I'm not against using a little bit of post processing... this one has a slight sharpening done on it and cropped down...

P9270162.jpg

This one is just cropped... but taken through some trees early on in the eclipse...

Moon_in_Trees_2.jpg

The final one I liked.... is also early on before the previous shot and just after the Moon got up enough to see through the tree's. I also increased the raw pic's exposure and then sharpened it so the leaves showed up well.... The lilac color seen in the Moon itself, is a natural product of it being over exposed and blowing out in a peculiar way, it isn't altered to appear that way...

Lilac_Moon.jpg

P9270162.jpg

Moon_in_Trees_2.jpg

Lilac_Moon.jpg

Top Bottom