Super excited

Dirk

Hi guys! I've been reading up quite a bit on this forum. Very interesting and informative.

I'm waiting for my T-Rex 450 Pro DFC and Spektrum DX8. It should be here tomorrow. I am from South Africa and live in a small town by the name of Sedgefield along the south coast.

I used to fly helis in the past. I started on a Heli-Boy in 1982. What days those were! No gyros and no computer radios yet. I then flew a couple of Kalt Barons, including a GS Baron.

Somewhere in the nineties I started flying X-Cells. Tried a lot of things, had a lot crashes as well!

I have not flown any advanced helis for a couple of years now, but have decided to go with the Trex 450. I thought it wise to order some training gear as well to use until I get the hang of things.

I will keep you posted on my progress.

Tony

Staff member
You will love that bird Dirk. The technology in that thing will astound you compared to the xcell that you flew in the 90's. And the stability they have is just amazing. If you have any questions, just post up in the heli sections and we will help you out no matter how small.

:welcome1:

canongraphy

Yes :welcome1: Dirk, you picked a great group to get started, everything you have I would recommend, including the training gear.

Dirk

Thank you for the welcome Tony, Canongraphy and kenjack.

Thanks for the offer of assistance. I know that I will have a lot of questions.

coolgabsi

Super Mod & DEAL KING!
Welcome!!!

NICE TO HAVE A Past XCELL flier. Helis have changed a bit :D .. for the good :) I fly a XCELL too now. you'll see it in my signature .. lol .. LOTS of changes :D

Graham Lawrie

Hi guys! I've been reading up quite a bit on this forum. Very interesting and informative.

I'm waiting for my T-Rex 450 Pro DFC and Spektrum DX8. It should be here tomorrow. I am from South Africa and live in a small town by the name of Sedgefield along the south coast.

I used to fly helis in the past. I started on a Heli-Boy in 1982. What days those were! No gyros and no computer radios yet. I then flew a couple of Kalt Barons, including a GS Baron.

Somewhere in the nineties I started flying X-Cells. Tried a lot of things, had a lot crashes as well!

I have not flown any advanced helis for a couple of years now, but have decided to go with the Trex 450. I thought it wise to order some training gear as well to use until I get the hang of things.

I will keep you posted on my progress.

Hi Dirk, Welcome to the forum from Scotland:) same bird as me, Tonys videos will help during your build:) we are here to help afterwards:)

Dirk

Thanks for all the warm welcomes guys! My new toys should have been here today but due to a delay in the courier service, it will only get here tomorrow. Oh boy, I am getting impatient with all this waiting.

Diederik

Hi Dirk, the joys of living in SA, with the Post office strike earlier this year parcels from Hk that normally take 2 - 3 weeks took almost 3 months, lucky it is only a day.

Welcome to the site Dirk.
Look forward to seeing the build!
Welcome to the site and post lots of photos and post all questions. We're all happy to help where we can

- - - Updated - - -

Welcome to the site Dirk.
Look forward to seeing the build!
Welcome to the site and post lots of photos and post all questions. We're all happy to help where we can

Top Bottom