600 Super Bad's Nitro bird

Tony

Staff member
That depends on what you have now. Electronics wise you are going to need 5 servos, BEC, Rx pack, Glow igniter, governor (if not using the gyro), gyro and Rx. I'm sure I missed something, but yeah...

heli-maniac

Well servos Im going to go with Align 615 on the cyclic and a 655 on the tail just like the other birds
dont know on the throttle servo it take a large servo like the rest of them
the Heli has a Gov. sensor already on it pointed at the clutch bell . will have to see what all I need to run it on the V bar
I was thinking I could just use a 6.6 volt life pack or do I need bigger with a BEC?
The only other thing will be what to start it with

Tony

Staff member
I'm running a 520 on my throttle and it works quite well. Quick enough for any gov. And yes, you should be able to use just a LiFe pack, but I really don't like running my servos at that high of voltages. That is why I'm running the Align 2in1 on my bird. And it has a built in battery monitor and glow igniter. For $50, it supplies enough power to do just about anything, gives your servo motors longer life by lowering the voltage a touch and gives you a push button to start your bird.

heli-maniac

Just scored a deal on the Align 2n1 , Align G600 Gov. and a 6.6 2100 Life pack
60.00 bucks for all 3

Now Im in need of servos and a starter

Dirk

I've seen guys using a cordless drill to start their nitro helis with. I suppose it must be the 18V version.

coolgabsi

Super Mod & DEAL KING!
I've seen guys using a cordless drill to start their nitro helis with. I suppose it must be the 18V version.
did that for a while.. Bad idea!!!!!! I almost had an engine fail, and had the starter cups stripped like crazy... Drill has more than needed torque .. And when the engine hydrolocks, drill doesn't care and keeps hammering.. That'll bend the piston rod and hurt te crank.. And cause destruction. If nothing else it will strip the starter cup, and then the heli is not start able. There is no other way to start

Align starters are THE best option. They have been tuned to stopped cranking at a certain point so they don't hurt the engine.. And much much easier to carry around too.

Tony

Staff member
Yeah, you can use the clutch on the drills. Set it to about 1/2 to 3/4 and it will release if hte motor jams up.

I have the rod that Gaba sent. Started my 55 many times with it until I got my Align starter. Jesse, if you want this starter shaft for your drill, just pay shipping and it's yours.

Tony

Staff member
If you can get an Align starter for that, then that is a smoking deal. If you change your mind though, the rod is just sitting in my box. I got it from Gaba lol. And here he is hatin' on the thing.

heli-maniac

Haven't done much to this thing its just hanging on the door waiting on parts
I have been tied up with life to mess with the helis Lots going on
I did pick up a Align super starter with Lipo for 55.00 tonight should have it some time next week
Im going to start pulling the servos out of the Fusion 50 to put in the Velocity 50
Have decided to put the KST hv servos in the Fusion 50

Now I just need to get a throttle servo and get it all set up for its maiden

Last edited:
Top Bottom