Micro Super bad 130x is tost

heli-maniac

well it was fun till now was having a fun day with the 130x and on the 5th pack was zinging around
went in to a inverted hover with a big clime out and it blew the tail section apart
not fun at all crashed it on the house across the street
Now this is the second time it has spit the pin out of a Xtreme tail shaft
First time it was just a few inches off the ground this time it was around 50 to 60 feet up and man it made one big thump on the house
There is no telling where the tail blade grips and blades went

So far its got a busted frame canopy is beet to snot metal A and b gear striped bent main shaft and feathering shaft
trashed the rail blades and that hurt at 20.00 a set

So I am done with the Xtreme tali parts. Time to start looking to maybe Lynx
Well at least had fun for a little bit today

Last edited:

EyeStation

Sad news Jesse! Is that a problem that can be cured with loctite on the Xtreme tail?
And stripped the A & B metal gears? That's some power in that Heli. And a true bite on the Rails, probably the biggest cost in the repair.
Hope you get it back together soon.
I hope the Microheli tail I just got doesn't have issues like that.

heli-maniac

Sad news Jesse! Is that a problem that can be cured with loctite on the Xtreme tail?
And stripped the A & B metal gears? That's some power in that Heli. And a true bite on the Rails, probably the biggest cost in the repair.
Hope you get it back together soon.
I hope the Microheli tail I just got doesn't have issues like that.
After the first one did it I glued the new one before I put it in so In 15 flights it still came out
So not going to go that rout again
The a and b gear striped from over rev i guess do to loosing the taillblade grip asm or the pitch slider bound up when itcame apart
replacing the tail parts and the frame are the biggests parts

heli-maniac

Well Kim at Xtreme Productions says they will be shipping me out some replacement parts
Dont know what all they are sending just yet
Their CS Has been really good

EyeStation

Did they give any suggestions on how to keep it from reoccurring in the future?
Glad they are backing it up with minimal conflict.
Good Luck with the rebuild.

heli-maniac

Well they have not said on what to do about it coming apart but I am NOT using that tail shaft
I more want the frame fixed more than anything

heli-maniac

Well I emailed kim at Xtreme to see what they were sending soI could order the othere peaces that I would need .
get a reply email from Kim and was shocked at what I read
It said
We will be shipping outto you 1 set of everything we make for the 130x.

can you say WOW WOW WOW

murankar

Staff member
Nice to see they are taking care of the customer. Looks like some one has a new 130x.

Sent from my LG-E980 using Forum Runner

heli-maniac

Now ill have the parts to work on a digital servo and fbl controller 130x
going to try and fit maybe a decased ar7200bx in it . I got a few controllers in mide but really want the 7200 to fit

Tony

Staff member
I'm thinking the 7200 will be a bit too heavy. Even just the board has some girth to it. But, there is only one way to find out.

heli-maniac

Yes it dose But also i have the spin 8000 motor that is a super power house and stretch it to a true 150 and it should work out
I have been looking at builds on it and some are going with the Tarot ZYX s
Biggest thing will be money for the FBL unit So I will have to see what I can come up with for the build

Tony

Staff member
If it can carry the Tarot plus another Rx, then it will be able to carry the de-cased 7200bx, I'm sure of that.

WE WANT VIDEO OF THE BUILD AND MAIDEN FLIGHT!!!!

murankar

Staff member
the zyx-s is just small enough to fit on the front tail box of a 450. There is even room on the sides so it doesn't touch the frame. Pics and vids once its done.

heli-maniac

One of the very first ones done that I found was with a Bx and reg. Rx
Just not a lot of room in the frame to mount it
If i go Zyx s it can run on a sat rx

I got a Idea for doing the servos on the Xtreme frame But that will be some fab work for sure

murankar

Staff member
it can do both dsmx and sbus. I think It needs an extra piece to do it. I have not looked at how to set up sats on it.

heli-maniac

Well I got the 130x almost back to were I can get it back in the air waiting on the new Lynx tail blade grips
I went ahead and did the 150 stretch to the tail . Had to make some new struts
I may just go to the LHS tomorrow and pick up some stock tail blade grips just to get it in the air

Top Bottom