Suggestions Urgently required

treff

Heli2.jpgHeli-1.jpg
Just 2 tips to pass on. 1. Do not fly at dusk
2. Do not fly at dusk in a small field.
Heli up about 60 feet so it will be having a stop over while I sharpen the axe LOL
Any other suggestions like hitting my self on the head with a mallet, wearing bigger glasses or the one about sky hooks LOL
And I can't say I've been grounded LOL.
Cheers

Heli2.jpg

Heli-1.jpg

Tony

Staff member
If you can get up into that tree, you can go about half way up and shake the living hell out of the tree. It should fall. Should being the key word there. that sucks bro.

treff

If you look at the heli in the second pix I can truly claim inverted flight LOL. Yes I tried the shakn shuffle but the damn thing refuses to move. Its hooked up on the skids. It's dark here now so
will have a go tomorrow. Just hope it doesn't rain. The hardest part is getting to the base of the tree through thick holly and brambles so will return armed with me brush cutter and
machett tomorrow. Sleep well dear friend help will arrive soon.

Tony

Staff member
I have to laugh every time I read someone referring to an Rc vehicle or aircraft as part of the family. Hope you get it down come first light!

RMB677

I got one down using a lead sinker tied to a line and managed to snag the branch it was on and shook it loose. My big problem was it took me two days to find it. It was a co-ax ( first heli) that the wind caught and I lost it when it went behind the first tree.

pvolcko

Oy, that's gonna be a tough one, I bet. Lots of small branches and twigs to find its way through before it hits ground. If you have a tree trimming tool (saw on an extension pole, etc.) then you may be able to get at it without too much trouble. Or just get a good long telescoping pole and try to knock it loose directly.

treff

Just an update. Retrieved the helicopter this morning. Had to use 30 foot ladder then climb up part way then use a 25foot pole made from bamboo
with a hook tied at the end. I had to pull it down through the branched doing more damaged. Then it fell but luckily never reached he floor getting
hung up in a bramble bush. Strangely not a lot of damage. Holed the conopy which is repairable, 2 broken servo arms, two broken buckles on the
DFC head but very strangely the 3gx box is completely dead, not a peep, so I will have to look into that. Oh almost forgot drive gear knackered. All
in all not to bad if I can get the 3gx working again. If I can't it's back to fly-barred head again so no real worries. Biggest problem I have here is finding
a better flying field. Cheers

Lee

Glad you got it down Treff. Good job we have had good weather. No rain to damaged anything else.

cml001

Glad u got it down... I did this once with my 120sr..... What I did was wait until my 3 buddy's and I finished of a 30pk of coors.... Then dared Jeff, said he couldn't do it... 20min later I had my heli back.. It's good to have an extremely competitive dude as your best friend... U can accomplish anything. Lol... Glad u got it.... That situation sucks I kno.

Top Bottom