600 Suggestions on a starting point for motor size

Giby1

Anybody out there that can suggest a starting size of motor on a helicopter and fuselage with a weight of approximately 11.5 lbs or there abouts?
Heli is a Chaos (Flasher) 600 with a 4lb BO-105 fuselage. I have been checking threads, Youtube video's and I am at a point now that the more I
study, the more confused I get.

Tks for any help.

Giby1

Tony

Staff member
Start with a stock 600 size motor like the 600MX from Align. If that is not enough motor, then you will need to move up to the 600 size Scorpion motors that put out more wattage.

Lee

Are you going 6S 12S?
For a scale model, power doesn't need to be over the top.
I had the 1000KV motor that came with the Chaos originally. Power was fine for just flying around.
I just sold a Scorpion 4025 740KV motor that I ran on 8S. Great compromise between power and flight time.

Giby1

Are you going 6S 12S?
For a scale model, power doesn't need to be over the top.
I had the 1000KV motor that came with the Chaos originally. Power was fine for just flying around.
I just sold a Scorpion 4025 740KV motor that I ran on 8S. Great compromise between power and flight time.

Tks for the comeback Lee.
8S sounds about right. I just want to get into the air and learn.
The 4025 sounds good.
Tks for the info.
Giby1
And so the saga continues.......

Lee

Dude i could of sold you all the electronics from mine :(
Instead of sending it to someone in Slovenia and costing me a fortune in postage.

Giby1

Ready to start buy the essentials. Motor ect.
Thinking about a "OS"4535 560 Kv, with a pinion gear of 15T, 32P. Using a 8S setup.
One question is; in ref to buying a pinion gear for this motor, What does the 32P stand for?
Would be shooting for a headspeed of around 1800RPM, my math says it would be running around 1865 RPM with a 15T.
Keeping in mind the heli comes in at around 11.5 lbs, does the above sound right?
Tks for any help.
giby1

Tony

Staff member
The P is the Pitch of the teeth on the gear. 32P has a larger tooth than a 64P, and 16P is larger than 32P. 32 is pretty standard.

Top Bottom