Prop Suggestions on a new airplane?

mudbogger

So here is my situation y'all...

I will be turning 16 soon and my parents' asked me "what do you want for your birthday?". My reply was, "I'm not really sure-let me do some online shopping". Now I am turining to y'all for suggestions on what would be a good R/C airplane to add to my R/C hangar? Any suggestions? I haven't been R/C airplane shopping in quite awhile, so what is now out on the market is really new to me.

I like gas 3D/aerobatic R/C airplanes best, but would also consider maybe a gas taildragger R/C warbird. I am deffinitely NOT a professional R/C pilot. I would put myself under the intermediate/advanced R/C pilot catagory. Any suggestions or information is appreciated :) .

Tony

Staff member
I'm not a dynam fan. I have told myself that if I'm going to get a plane, it's going to be balsa. So I'm not much help. I know 3dhobbyshop has some foamies that you might like.

Derek

Hey there buddy! I like the Sbach that you've posted. As long as you have some flying experience, I can't see why that plane wouldn't do well for you. I guess it all depends on what your flying style is.

mudbogger

My "style" (if I can) is flying aerobatics. And YES, I do have experience. Mainly with the Edge 540 gasser I posted about in my introduction thread. So flying electric may be a little different, but I'd like to try it. Plus it will save me money on R/C gas and the SBach 342 is a very cool looking R/C airplane in my opinion. I just don't know about those wing stabilizers on the SBach 342? I will take a look at 3dhobbyshop, too. Thanks for the input Tony and Derek, it is appreciated.

mudbogger

So today I got to thinking..."what are my options for a R/C helicopter?". I definitely don't have much experience at all with R/C helicopters. Yet at the same time, I want to find something for outdoor flying. I am interested in the T-Rex electric helicopter series. I just don't know what size/number to go with? So (once again) I'm turning to y'all for any suggestions/tips. Thanks in advance y'all.

Tony

Staff member
If you are ready to go with a ccpm helicopter, and want to keep the cost of crashes down, then go with either a 450, or a 360. don't let those numbers fool you though, the 450 is smaller than the 360's. 450's are like the Align 450 Pro V2 and the 360's are like the Warp 360 and Align 450L. The 450's swing a 325mm blade and teh 360's swing a 360mm blade.

If you get either of these, for help in flying them, don't use the 3GX, get the Ikon or the BeastX. They are the most stable and yet still within budget for most people. Remember, you only buy them once and they are not usually damaged in a crash.

mudbogger

Thanks for the reply Tony. It is appreciated, especially because of my inexperience with R/C helicopters.

jklong03

It may not look like much, but a Multiplex Fun Cub is about as much fun as you can have with your clothes on! Takes off of any surface, very aerobatic for a high wing and a great intro to electric flying. Plus it has full flaps and you can practical walk along with it when they are fully deployed!

Top Bottom