1. If you would like to get rid of these banners and the ads within the posts, all you have to do is sign up and they will go away!
  2. Welcome to Rc-Help, are you here looking for the PDF Plans? They are located in the store in the tab above, but you must be signed in to access that part of the site. It only takes a second to sign up!
  3. Like Us On Facebook!
    Hello Guest, it occurred to us during that last server failure that we had no way of informing the members of the site of the failure and I would like to invite you to like us on facebook so that you can get updates if the site happens to go down again. We don't post much over there unless we are updating the members so we will not flood your feed like some places do. Just click on Like and then allow notifications and that's it. See you there soon!

Click Here To Rc-Help's Facebook page!
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Hey Guest, I see you are not signed up on our forum yet. Did you know Registration is FREE and is only a couple clicks away? You can even sign in from Facebook, Twitter or Google+ for your convenience! So what are you waiting for, CLICK HERE to join in on the conversation!

General Sub Micro Servo

Discussion in 'Airplanes' started by Capn Pete, Jan 10, 2019.

< Da 32 Ignition | New Project >
  1. Capn Pete

Capn Pete Active Member

Blog Posts:
    Does anybody know of a substitute for the 5g sub micro servo used on the motor nacelle of a Mini- Convergence by Horizon Hobby? Their PN: SPMSA350. These servos suck and would like to find better ones. These are the ones used to rotate the motors from vertical flight mode to horizontal flight mode and back again.
    Thanks,
    Pete

2. Tony

Tony Administrator Staff Member

Blog Posts:
    I don't know of any that have metal gears if that is what you are breaking. There are some sub micro servos out there from places like HobbyKing from Turnigy, but they all look worse quality than what you have now.

3. Capn Pete

Capn Pete Active Member

Blog Posts:
    I know that metal geared servos/ digital are best, but as far as size, if I have a 5g, (don't know what that actually means), as long as I replace it with a 5g, I'm OK?

4. D.O.G.

D.O.G. I Support Rc-Help! Rc-Help Supporter Goblin 380 Supporter

Blog Posts:
    Disable
  5. Tony

Tony Administrator Staff Member

Blog Posts:
    5g is roughly the weight of the servo, but they are always heavier than that. I just use it as a guideline. But most 5g submicro servos should work in place of the one you have. Just double check the case sizes on the spec sheet before you order. And also check the torque and speed ratings as well.

6. rdsok

rdsok Well-Known Member

Blog Posts:
    Here is a servo database that you can use to look up servo's with All RC Servos - Servo Database

Remember, as Tony said... the weight isn't the same as size except that bigger ones will typically weigh more but so will ones that use different components like metal gears. The class size ( sub micro, micro, standard etc ) is still a generic size and isn't specific enough, you need to actually go by the measurements themselves. The speed, torque and voltages will also play into this so you'll want to look up the specs for the ones you are replacing first before picking something else.

7. Capn Pete

Capn Pete Active Member

Blog Posts:
    Awesome! Thanks so much for the info! I had no idea who they were 'classified'.
    Capn Pete

< Da 32 Ignition | New Project >