stupid question from new phoenix flyer

glov351

i just got the V 4 and would like to know if i can set the radio up in the sim the same as my real heli settings to see if my heli will fly better or worse.
or to try new settings, in the sim original settings it seems that it jumps to throttel up before mid stick . and since i fly scale i would like to control my expo/dr or try new settings before setting it in my real heli

Tony

Staff member
I'm going to have to say no. You should always keep the sim model and yoru other helis on different models in the TX. REason being is the sim uses 1 servo, and the real heli needs ccpm mixing. However, you can use the sim to recreate issues and find out a fix for them after playing around for a while.

glov351

hi tony

i have the sim on a separete model setting, but can you set expo/dr, pitch settings, throttle settings in the sim to test if the settings ín the real heli setup would work or not
or is the sim set for no additional settings
lets say can i set the sim with the same settings that i have on one of my normal models and see how it would fly before using the settings on the real heli

Derek

I think I can answer this one....

You can set your Tx up, on the Phoenix model, just as you would your real heli. Of course! There are also some adjustments that you can make on the sim, itself. However, to say that the flight characteristics of the heli on the sim are most likely going to be different than the real heli because of the following factors:

1. Real life wind and the occassional gusts
2. Real life nervousness
3. maybe your CG is more one way than the other
4. whatever else I may have not thought of

I'm sure you could set up the sim to be very similar to your real heli, but to get it exactly the same.....I doubt it.

glov351

thanks mountaindewdude

i just wanted to set up setting to see how it would react IE more throttle ,pitch expo/dr differance mix if i can , So i could get it as close to what i am flying now or if
i can make some fine adjustments without messing with my real helis settings before i make changes to the heli

Tony

Staff member
You can not do any mixing really without adversely affecting the aircraft in the sim. Most of what you can do is exacly what Derek posted above, T-curve / P-curve / DR / expo and such.

glov351

thanks all
the radio is set as it comes from the factory in the sim settings ,
i will try to put my settings for my 500 in the sim side and see if it make any differance because as of now the sim is a pain in the A** to even hover

Westy

LEGEND
do you have a rate gyro on your 500 scale? if not .... the reason you are having issues is because on hte SIm.... all the scale helis are set up by default on Rate only Gyros. To Change this ... .go into your MODEL edit settings and go to Tail settings and change your Gyro to Heading Hold.... that will certainly fix your hovering issues.... Hope it helps let me know.
Ta

Top Bottom