450 STUMPED!!!! My pitch is reversed, and not the simple way.. lol

coolgabsi

Super Mod & DEAL KING!
Hey guys... I have bee setting up my clone and my pro... MY clone is now ready.. lol.. and my pro now is throwing fits. Lol.. I had lost a guide pin from head block, and thought it wont work, but then was told that it is gonna work just fine, and it was not bent, so i just put it back, but obviously i had to disassemble the head.. lol.. Now that i put it back, The stupid pitch is reversed.. the swash and the servos are going right.. but SWASH goes up .. NEGATIVE PITCH.. and swash goes down POSITIVE PITCH.. And i am not kidding. It stumped me out!!!! I tried to see the difference between the clone head and the pro head, but couldnt see any.. HELP!!!!!!! I donnot what to do.. Any ideas. ?? PLease let me know..

and lee as you told me before that the mixing arm might be on the wrong way, that should caus binding in the flybar right? well.. NO BIND.. I probably will have to disassemble and assemble the head again, but i am hoping for some insight first from y'all...

thanks

Tony

Staff member
Or turn your blades over... If the head is spinning the correct direction, and the blades are facing the correct direction, then your blade grips are upside down. Yeah, I konw what I'm talking about, do you? hehe, I just woke up so it all sounds right to me until I get my coffee.

coolgabsi

Super Mod & DEAL KING!
umm if i flip the grips, then the linkages are on the wrong side.. lol... :) i tried.... or say u know looked.. my blades are facing the right way i definately checked twice may be three times... lol

I am thinking something wrong somewhere below that.. not sure what! :) HELP!

Tony

Staff member
I don't know what to tell you then. there are very few things that can cause this issue. If the mixing arms are on backwards, the that will cause the grips to be backwards. Trust me, somehow they are backwards. The ball ends should be on the same side as the trailing edge of the blades.

Tony

Staff member
Download the manual, it shows exploded views of all of the parts on the head.

coolgabsi

Super Mod & DEAL KING!
yeah i will do that... something is inverted... i am sure of that... just like you said. just have to figure out what... now that u say about the ball linkage, i will check that.. and see what i can figur out.somehow i was so confused that it didnt even occur to me to check the stupid manual! thanks for the tip! lol

coolgabsi

Super Mod & DEAL KING!
NO... not really.. it'll mean that i have negative pitch going up on throttle, and positive going down.. if i reveres the movements, then the servos ... all three will need reversing, and then re centering, and swashmixes, everything will need changing, not to mention pitch... so lol no.. i'll rather open the stupid head and get it working..
heehee

Tony

Staff member
I will bet that you need to flip your mixing arms over and flip your grips over. There is a way to make what you have work though. You just take your pitch from +60, to -60 and it will reverse the pitch only. But, I do not suggest trying that.

Lee

If you haven't change the settings in the TX then it has to be mechanical. Just look at the exploded view of the head in the manual, start from the bottom and work your way up. Thats it really :D

coolgabsi

Super Mod & DEAL KING!
I know Thad what I am thinking too.. but visually I didn't find an anomaly., I will open this thing up and try to work my way from bottom up.. Just like lee said

Reece Isaac

If the swash plate goes up and the blades point down then the only thing it can be is the grip arms are leading in the case of a fly bar head or trailing in the case of a fbl head.

Top Bottom