General stuck on the Align rec. wont bind

orbi

Question 1
Hi guys can anyone help me out. getting in a fix at the mo. I got a 450 Align Plus which has a R6GF rec. I cant bind it to my spektrum 6xi
There is 6 available spaces in that reciever inc the batt ( no 6) what are all 6 for I can get ail,elev,pitch, gyro, Esc, so whats the last one for.? All the 6 ports are full. Ive tried taking out the Batt and putting in the bind plug there but it just wont do. How do I bind that sucker to my spektrum guys? Ive tried pressing in the unbind? button or reset on the rec. where it flashes real quick and then restarting the binding but to no avail..... Grrrr. I got a spare orange rx is that ok?
Question 2
Why are my servo tabs breaking after just a few days. I bought 2 new ds415m Align servos 2 days ago and the tabs are broke now. This game has cost me mega recently and I aint flown yet, im mega racked off at the moment. Ive spent around 25 hours over the weekend fixing and mending slowly and steady but now im getting to the point of chucking it in. All my work has gone my servos need replacing in my Pro. Theyre not easy to get at in that heli.
Orbi one doesnt KnoBi

breeze400

Spagetti Pilot
Did you use the rubber months for the servos? If not you going to brake the tabs off! There should be brass bushings that go in he rubber mounts too. Like said above that RX might not work with spectrum. The orange x will work but its not a good RX. You really should stick with a spectrum RX.

orbi

wow there you go.... see someone told me that the Align T6 was the same as the spektrum 6xi more or less. Thats what I get for listening to toomany guys..... thanks.

I put some rubber about1.5mm under each tab but it just twisted the tab more as I tightened the bolt. I used a washer to spread the load but I didnt put in a metal cicular bush that ive seen on some vids , not everyone uses them.

- - - Updated - - -

Thank you mate.... ive since figured out the 6 slots there are two for the rudder and gyro 4 and 5.... I was counting 1. ok well I got 2 transmitters one is AlignT6 which I find more difficult to programme... the other is The Spektrum 6xi which I find easier. Ok so then I need to buy a reciever for it ok..... wow will this spending ever end..... im into around £700 now and I aint got 1 foot off the ground yet

Lee

Yeh when they say there similar, they are talking about the features of the radio.

orbi

Thanks for your help mate..... my spare bedroom looks like its been nuked.... wow theres soldering irons tool boxes magnifying glasses 5 tx .... 4 birds all in bits theres more nuts and bolts , broken servos that were brand new 2 days ago,and manuals for all of it everywhere, I got 3 sets of spectacles in there somewhere I guess I ll find em one day!. and then there s me buried in it with my laptop crying out from the depths of despair. Is this familiar or is this a one off, I mean am I doing something wrong. Are there other guys out there like me? Am I normal please God tell me Im still sane.

- - - Updated - - -

Yep your right it is I forgot but the Align made their own off that futaba model.

- - - Updated - - -

Breeze your so right but Ive never seen this stuff to buy with the servos ... ive never seen it advertised. Ive just had a look in my new Align 450 Plus and there are no bushes in there at all. Just a bolt.

- - - Updated - - -

Breeze your so right but Ive never seen this stuff to buy with the servos ... ive never seen it advertised. Ive just had a look in my new Align 450 Plus and there are no bushes in there at all. Just a bolt.

breeze400

Spagetti Pilot
Every kit I've bought and I have a align 600 ESP and I'm working on a align 700n dfc. Came with the bushings. Every servo I've ever bought for any airplane I've built had the bushings with them in the kit. Whoever sold you yours probubly stole them out! Oh well. I know that I bought a align 615 servo off e bay for a throttle servo for my new bird. It was sapposed to have come from a new heli kit. But when I got it the blue metal servo wheel that are sapposed to come with the servos were missing. So that's what happens sometimes.

treff

Hi there orbi sounds just like you have broken into my house. Everything sounds the same broken helicopters and despair everywhere, yep welcome to the old farts world. You will be on your hands and knees next probably looking for your wallet alongside all those nuts and tiny bolts. It does get better my friend, it does get better but I find in my case alcohol works wonders. Those birds will fly, just keep telling your self that. One day, one day.

- - - Updated - - -

Hi there orbi sounds just like you have broken into my house. Everything sounds the same broken helicopters and despair everywhere, yep welcome to the old farts world. You will be on your hands and knees next probably looking for your wallet alongside all those nuts and tiny bolts. It does get better my friend, it does get better but I find in my case alcohol works wonders. Those birds will fly, just keep telling your self that. One day, one day. By the way that foot you haven't got off the ground well even that beats me, I got a foot under ground and that ain't a lot of fun either.

orbi

well you aint gonna believe it ... i found a Spektrum AR 6100E reciever in the drawer of my heli box. plugged it in the heli ,bingo! job done lads.( is this reciever okay to use?) wondering now why do all the servos not line up , Im good at sorting those out no probs but its why do they get all messed up when you start a fresh. Technology eh!. I guess I shall have to level the swash / take the head off too ... or use the tie strap method onto the main shaft. Anyway guys ive been at this since 6am and its now 20.15 14 hrs ...oops has anyone ever got divorced in this hobby? wife? kids? who are they? Its a good job I dont have to worry about time. see ya lads and thanks. back tomorrow.

- - - Updated - - -

Ps I know ive left my keys somewhere... the phone rang and I couldnt find it, I found the dog hiding under an empty box with next doors rabbit in its mouth, the arse is falling out my jeans and I aint got a pot to piss in ... but im happy
I am arnt I Im losing it............... why didnt anyone tell me the truth about RC nighty nite

Tony

Staff member
When they said it's like spektrum, I'm pretty sure they are talking about it being on the 24.Ghz band. Just had to add my $0.02 in that one.

And that Rx will work, but don't fly over 400' from you (120m or so I think). That is a park flier Rx and not a full range. But, if you are just hovering around you, then it will do fine.

coolgabsi

Super Mod & DEAL KING!
When they said it's like spektrum, I'm pretty sure they are talking about it being on the 24.Ghz band. Just had to add my $0.02 in that one.

And that Rx will work, but don't fly over 400' from you (120m or so I think). That is a park flier Rx and not a full range. But, if you are just hovering around you, then it will do fine.

2.4ghz

:) but tony is right ! :) as is everye else.. And I see you realized and resolved it ;)

Fly safe!! :) have fun!

Top Bottom