General Stubby Antenna

bigone5500

Tin fore!

I have decided to go with a pagoda antenna. I have seen some good things about it and am going to order two. They are compatible with RHCP cloverleaf types.

bigone5500

The items I ordered should be here Friday. I ordered two antennas, another vtx, and a couple SMA extension cables.

bigone5500

Until I get my new antennas in this is what I will have to deal with. Hopefully I will get to fly tomorrow. I have heard maybe rain from that tropical storm.

20190710_195319.jpg 20190710_195417.jpg

D.O.G.

Goblin 380 Supporter
Yeah that's that rain we been having here for awhile now that's been driving me nuts already from not flying. As for the antenna, you will be pleased with pagoda antenna. Now for the one you made, I hope it works out for you :).

bigone5500

Was just looking at the connector for the vtx and I like the positive retention. There is a tab that must be squeezed to allow disconnection.

15629698362938386372515151758971.jpg

Tony

Staff member
Just spray the quad down with a little conformal coating, you'll be FINE!!!!

Make sure that board and the other end are very well secured. The reason I like JST is because it can be pulled out in the event of a crash. That one, is taking the wires but not the plug. Just something to be mindful of.

bigone5500

I have thought of the brush on coatings. Not real sure of actually doing it though. As for the connector, some flush cutters can take care of that issue.

Tony

Staff member
It's a good idea for vibration resistance, definitely. I just always look for what could happen, because with me, it's GOING to happen lmao .

bigone5500

I'm trying to mount my new vtx and the pigtail it has is cumbersome. I will have to mount it on the bottom plate where I had my Rx. Is this a good idea to let the antennas come out the top of the frame? Will carbon fiber hinder reception?

20190712_192013.jpg

bigone5500

I ended up just letting them hang out the sides. I don't see them striking the props but we will see. Stupid hurricane gonna keep me from flying this weekend though.

Tony

Staff member
That is how I try to do all of mine. That way if you crash, it will only take out the antenna and not rip the plug off of the VTX.

bigone5500

Maybe tomorrow if the rain doesn't come in too early I can get in a flight or two. Man I hope so. Gonna be some vidz!

bigone5500

In the video I have yet to edit I noticed it gets wavy when I give it more throttle. Is that PID issues?

Top Bottom