sts41 New member

sts41

Hi all... I am Steve, and I live winters in New Brunswick Canada, and summers in Toronto, Ontario, Canada because of work.

I started RC flying Planes a little over 2 years ago. My buddy in NB was learning Heli's, and since I didn't have a runway in NB...I started flying an Mcpx. When summer came along I purchased a second hand Align 450 v1... I have since bought a couple of clones 450 Pro's... one FBL and the other DFC.

I originally started flying guideline planes back in the late 60's, and always wanted to do RC, but money would not allow me to move up...A few times I built trainers, but ran out of cash before either the motor or the transmitter was purchased.
The club I belong to is called TEMAC and they are based in the Toronto Canada area. TEMAC is an Electric only field, and they do allow heli's at the site also.

I run Futaba radio systems, but I do have a Spektrum module for it to run the Mcpx.

All the planes I have except for the 1/5 Cub were ARF... Cub was a Kit... Worked all last winter to build it, and it flew great all summer.

I am always looking for knowledgeable folks to help with one thing or another, and I sure hope I can help when needed.

Thanks Steve

Slobberdog

Welcome to the forum Steve, there is a lot to learn here and lots of time people need help, hope you enjoy your stay.

Tony

Staff member
STS... You a Caddy fan? And a 1/5th scale Cub is quite a large plane. Make sure to post some pictures of your fleet up so that we can see it.

Welcome to the forum!

:welcome1:

Derek

That's awesome Steve! Welcome to the forum! If you have pictures of your 1/5 Cub, I'd really like to see them. We're always glad to help. If ya need help with something, just ask.

sts41

A lot of interest in the Cub.... She is a beauty.

Here is the build thread I had last year as I put her together... I did not convert it to a Super... I figured for a first build, that would of been a bit ambitious.

Sig 1/5 Piper Cub J3 converted to Super Cub

Here are some of my other planes and my old heli:

100_0152.jpg100_0134.jpg100_0005.jpg

Thanks for the warm welcome... Much appreciated

sts has nothing to do with Caddy :) I wish.... No just first 2 letters of first name and first letter of second name

Steve Sweeney

100_0152.jpg

100_0134.jpg

100_0005.jpg

sts41

Here is the 2014 Heli Fleet.... Thought I would take a few pics while they are still in one piece. :lol:

P4050017.jpgP4050018.jpgP4050019.jpgP4050020.jpg

Can't wait for the snow to go...Just finished all the adjustments, locktight, gyro settings.

Will try and do some hover tests next week.

Steve

P4050017.jpg

P4050018.jpg

P4050019.jpg

P4050020.jpg

Barge

Hi Steve and welcome to the forum, that's a very impressive collection you have there, and a Futaba user to boot:notworthy:

- - - Updated - - -

Hi Steve and welcome to the forum, that's a very impressive collection you have there, and a Futaba user to boot:notworthy:

- - - Updated - - -

Not sure how the double thing happened.

- - - Updated - - -

Not sure how the double thing happened.

HeliDinoRC

Senior Rc-Help Member
Welcome to the forum, Steve! Very nice fleet! I have been thinking about getting a YAK 54. How do you like it?

sts41

Yes... added the FAST receiver and a few adjustments and off it went. I fly aerobatics with it. Never got the nerve to fly it 3D. Will get an EPP profile plane to practice the 3D before setting up the Yak for that kind of flying.

It is cheap to upkeep, replacement parts are dirt cheap, so you fly relaxed... Unlike the Cub where it is an easy flyer, but do to the work and money in it... I worry from TO to Landing. :)

Not many accidents with the planes anymore.... Now if I can get that reliable with the copters.... :notworthy:

Steve

HeliDinoRC

Senior Rc-Help Member
I here you on cheap parts! I'm thankful for the sim :)

Cool, it sounds like it will fit what I want. I'm not looking to upgrade parts out of the box just to make it fly decent. I have also been looking at the carbon-Z Splendor. Do you know anyone flying one?

Right now I am just flying circuits and some rolls, flying upside down, etc. with my top wing Apprentice but I now want a sport plane to learn more acrobatics.

Tony

Staff member
Sorry about the double posting Steve. I edited your post to clean it up. I'm working on a fix, but don't have a lot of time to do so. But I'm working on it.

Top Bottom