500 strange tail kick from 3gx

holtneil

Hi guys as a few of you already know i have an align 500 pro and have be getting a strange kick from the tail 3 or 4 times a flight , well fingers crossed it sorted i did test flight and no kicks , i think is a glitch in the download of v5 so if you have this kick on the tail re-download the 3gxv5 and i know it a pain to do but re-flash the 3gx unit and set up again it looks as if its worked as in the flight no kick from tail at all :smile:

holtneil

Hi mate i think it has some thing to do with the download , as the heli was doing some strange things the other day i redid the v5 and guess what tail kick is back , i either have a tail kick for a wag i am hoping they came out with a v6 soon it may fix the kick problem , but it is a firmware problem i am sure now as the last time i downloaded and reflashed the 3gx the kick was gone , it can only be the download or the flashing , i will try and flash again and if kick goes then it will tell us that its in the flashing it gets a problem

Graham Lawrie

I am going to try to flash mine today:) I also am unable to change the tail spinning anticlockwise. TX tail movement is correct, correction direction is correct, but it still happens:) Hopefully fix it today then that's my whole fleet working:)

holtneil

Hi mate well i reflashed mine and kick has gone but wag is back lol oh well i can live with a wag , i did lower gyro gain but it got so low tail didnt want to hold but wag still there , so i dont know what is going on , may have to try a new servo even tho its a new servo already fitted

murankar

Staff member
Try to increase it and see what happens. Sometimes nit enough gain can cause a slow wag.

Sent from my LG-E980 using Forum Runner

holtneil

Hi guys well today i saw a friend of mine that runs align.co.uk at his shop , he told me to go back to 3.1 , so tonight i did that and wag has gone no kick from tail , the 3gx is reset to Tonys video of the 3gx v3.1 set up its windy out but it was spot on in a hover the tail didnt wag and held so i hope thats the end of my wag or kick for good will test some more over the next 3 days and will come back to you with good news i hope

Top Bottom