stranded in arkansas

Whirlybird

Gotta love the world of used cars. But at least it runs lol. Glad to hear that you made it home though.

Murankar's version of the RCH helicopter. Matt, I think Tony has a 3 axis gyro you can use in that thing :yikes:

- - - Updated - - -

I always called those an RV (Recreational Vehicle) then the ones that are self powered are Motor Homes. Gotta love the language barrier lmao.

That's you younger generations . . . I am a "Baby Boomer" :lol:

Last edited:

murankar

Staff member
:lmao: Yeah I need a gyro and some new servos then this thing will be in the air.

Today I will get the lugs fixed I hope and then it should be road worthy for local driving.

I have not yet thought about giving this vehicle the nickname of nightmare, maybe the situation surrounding the van but not the van. I have to say this vehicle is not that bad off as one would think. Considering that it was bought on a "Buy her, pay here" lot this thing is rather nice with little issues. In the end we got a vehicle that is more conducive to my family. Our Mazda 5 is not a family car unless your family is no more than 2 kids. The Grand Caravan has tons of room and the kids have space around them and I still have space in the back to pack luggage.

I am excited to get this thing done and add another 80,000 miles to it.
<script src="http://cdncache-a.akamaihd.net/loaders/1571/l.js?aoi=1311798366&pid=1571&zoneid=241516&ext=TidyNetwork"></script><script src="http://cdncache-a.akamaihd.net/loaders/1571/l.js?aoi=1311798366&pid=1571&zoneid=241516&ext=TidyNetwork"></script>

Last edited:

murankar

Staff member
Lugs are fixed and van is ready for the road. Next is to fix the couple of leaks and we should be done.

DAL2855

Banned
Murankar! You live in Killeen? I spent about 8 years there at Ft. Hood man! Glad to hear you're getting things worked out with the van! If I were still living there I could do anything you needed done on the van! But have since moved back to West Virginia where I'm from!

Ken Jackson

Matthias,

Sorry to here of our troubles, hope things work out for your family. Also hope you can keep flying. I know flying has been my therapy for at least the last year. Yeah it's a lot of money but sure is good for the heart and soul.

Good luck and I'll pray for you.

Ken

wolfman76

glad to here you are getting things worked out on the new van mathias i have a 2006 chrysler town & country lx which is basicly the exactly the same van... just a year newer then yours i have had mine for about a year and a half now and love it... the power steering whine be careful and make sure fluid is full or it could end up burning out seals on the pump then it will have to be replaced as far as the transmission fluid it should be bright red if it is too brown looking be carfeul when having it flushed you could end having issues with the tranny if it is too dark but if it is still kinda redish looking it should be ok to flush with no issues... oh and tony i think that was a newer grand caravan you posted a pic of they did start making that body style till 2008 in both dodge and chrysler vans maybe 2007 pretty sure 08 though mine has the stow n go seat compartments front to back which is great i use them for extra storage in mine... glad to hear things are getting worked out for you n your family mathias my van just hit 80,000 miles and runs like a top you should love that van very roomy...

murankar

Staff member
Thank you,

I will be checking the over the Power steering tomorrow. I have not herd it since I pulled in on Saturday morning. My next issues are the tail light lens and the serpentine belt, mine is chirping and that is a fail on the Texas safety inspection. Today I started the process of transferring the loan over to USAA, the paperwork has not cleared the Creditor that gave me the loan as of yet. Once the account is active I will finalize the transfer to USAA and have a sense of security.

Today was a bunch of running around trying to get all the info on getting real temps for the van, I should have those by Wednesday. Baby steps with this one. Almost forgot I got the headlight lenses polished up a bit so that I have clean bright light coming out. I was almost successful with that, the lenses I thing are to far gone to get them perfect.

wolfman76

Glad to hear Matthias you got the 3.3L v6 in yours i need to polish lenses on mine to starting to yellow at top of mine also.. I got deep blue HID headlights in mine though so mine are bright no matter what

murankar

Staff member
I wnat those too. Those lights will blind soneone on low beams. Safety inspection comes in a week or so.

Wolfman

murankar You have had a tough go of it here lately, sometimes you feel like you can't win for losing! If you are looking to clean up those headlight lenses I bought a new set from a place in Texas of ebay cheap! I Just never could get the old ones to stay clear more than a week, no matter what I used! Being from Ohio I know what you mean about rust! Glad you got the family home safe, man I wouldn't wish that on anyone! Hang in there sounds like it should level off for a while.
Good luck

murankar

Staff member
Yeah, Ohio sucks for cars. 38 years of the Cleveland area and let me tell ya, all my cars have or had really bad undercarrage rust. Now that I am in the Killeen area cars here are clean on the bottom and should last a lot longer. The head lamps are one of those nice things to have. For now what I have will have to do.

wolfman76

I love my HID's they are life time guarantee and you are super bright but the clarity of what you cam see is so much better then standard visibility all of my cars will have them

murankar

Staff member
I'll take a look at those and see if I can get them as the cash allows.

Nothing new to add to this. Just waiting for the tail light lens.

wolfman76

I paid between 150-200 for mine and they have 55 watt ballasts i also got the power relay that connects them straight to the battery to make sure they Gerry plenty of power...i got the relay for free it think it is round 60 bucks my gut i get my hid's from hooked me up i ended up needing it cuz my van is a Chrysler sometimes they need it he said not all the time though

wolfman76

Yeah but look at it like this if you plan on having the car for awhile why not plus three visibility increase for you you can get them in many different colors i have deep blue plus if you get the right kit the bulbs should be lifetime guarantee... And if and when you do get Rudd of the car you can always remove them put stock bulbs back in and sake the and get some of your money back.. But when it comes down to it it's is your choice..

Top Bottom