Spektrum sticky controller

D.O.G.

Goblin 380 Supporter
Hey all, can any body recommend something to loosen up my controllers on my radio. It's not tight but like stick-en while i move controller around. I have electrical cleaner spray that evaporate on contact. Can i use that or anyone has other suggestion.

EyeStation

Can you lubricate the tension bar and stick contact area?
I would not suggest spraying electrical cleaner into your TX. This stuff is volatile to a lot of plastics. If your potentiometer is dirty and/or sticky, you can spray into the pot itself.

Lee

Which TX is it?
They have stick tensioners on most TXs.
If you can get in the back, put some Lithium grease on the gimble sliders.

D.O.G.

Goblin 380 Supporter
Which TX is it?
They have stick tensioners on most TXs.
If you can get in the back, put some Lithium grease on the gimble sliders.

Sorry about the 411 on the TX " Spektrum DX6i" and thanks for the lithium idea, it works! :)

Lee

Ok so in the back of the radio, you will have found the screws that put tention on the gimbles.
You can adjust these to get the correct feel for you. Also as you have found, the grease make it smoother too :)

Hey Guys...
Can you also use the lithium grease on all the toggle switch ball sockets? I have new DX6 and they are all very stiff...or will they "break in" over time and with use?

Thanks for your time, as always!

pvolcko

Ooo... just occurred to me. You could use Deoxit on the switches. Just a drop. Should provide a bit of lubrication and protection from corrosion without being a problem for conductivity or doing anything to the plastics.

"*UPDATE*" RadioShack carries Deoxit! Two flavors/sizes...regular($18) and gold($24) I got a regular(5 oz. aerosol can).

Thanks again, pvolcko! (Paul)

Top Bottom