Spektrum Stick Tension Issue

abdulla( syndicate997)

Goblin 380 Supporter
hi tony
im wondering why my throttle stick on my dx8 g2 dont get tight when i tighten the screw on the back of the radio it seems nothing happens ...
i tight almost eveything but the throttle stick is so loose it drops by itself feels bad :(
do you know how to fix it ? i've watched your youtube video about the dx8 radio but it didnt fix my loose throttle stick.. sadly:(

Admiral

Hi Abdulla, I think it is the same as mine which is a DX9 gen1, turn the RH screw (looking from the back of the TX) clockwise until the stick becomes tight then back it off until you gt the desired tension.

If that didn't work for me I would drop the back off the Tx to see what is going on, maybe the screw has been screwed all the way out at some point.

Tony

Staff member
I suspect you are trying to tighten it with the spring, which will not work on the throttle. You need to tighten the strap on the throttle.

abdulla( syndicate997)

Goblin 380 Supporter
I suspect you are trying to tighten it with the spring, which will not work on the throttle. You need to tighten the strap on the throttle.
lol? u mean the small boxes in the back of my tx? which 1? on the right hand box? or left?.... i thought that was for a planes..

abdulla( syndicate997)

Goblin 380 Supporter
tony why the throttle is weird?? and it dosent work like rudder for example.. why spektrum guys seprate the throttle alone lol? i thought its like others hahaha love u guys :D much love rc/help :D

Tony

Staff member
I'm not sure what you mean. Yes, you will pull one of the square rubber blocks out of the back of the Tx behind the stick you are wanting to adjust. If you are adjusting the left stick, it will be the one on the right when looking at the rear.

RandyDSok

The throttle is not weird by any means... it uses friction to change the tension on it. All of the other channels use springs for their tension since they need to center back when released.

Which mode your TX is in determines which stick/channel is used for what purpose... Planes, heli's, multirotors etc all use the same mode that you've selected or that the TX comes setup with... they don't change unless you change the mode you are using.

Admiral

Well go figure, he must have been adjusting the grub screw in the middle of the stick itself.
Totally missed that one.

Top Bottom