450 Stay Safe

Tony

Staff member
Doing good James! Just trying to prepare for the inevitable quarantine that we all know is coming. As Jim stated, hope everyone is doing good and not losing their minds because of the lack of TP.

download.jpg

RandyDSok

I got my TP restocked today... and then later went to the grocery store and stocked on about 2 or so weeks worth of food. I've been keeping physically distant from others as recommended ... But at the same time I still take appointments to work on my clients computers when it's required. So essential services and products are still available if you look in the right places. If you find something you need is sold out, ask the store when they expect the next shipment and then return at that time.

I see a lot of hype and crap from the news agencies... They constantly repeat the same question about testing even when they've been told that test availability is being ramped up and now it's gone from 100's of tests in a day to thousands and in some locations more getting tested. Other supplies are also being ramped up and as time passes... will get better and better but it does take time for supply lines to accommodate the demand.

Do take the situation seriously... but don't fall for the BS and hype that is being spread everywhere. If you see a post on FB or elsewhere, DO NOT just share it without verifying it first. If you don't have time to verify it... do not share it.

D.O.G.

Goblin 380 Supporter
Social and news media sure know how to take the ball and run with it no matter if it's fiction or non fiction. I understand to take the proper precaution to contain the spread of this virus but it's getting ridiculus. Down here in FLA, there closing the beaches down. It's spring break, for god sakes for alot of students. They been saving their money up to go on spring break to sunny Florida and it's beautiful beaches to enjoy them selves. They want them to stay inside and stay away from each other...yeah right. How are you going to keep all of these parting students contain to their hotels rooms or condos. They will have there hands full trying to enforce the, Stay inside law. Good luck...there going to need it.

James M. Lewis

Armed Forces
I talked to a good buddy in Louisiana this morning. He said a lady went to 5 stores to find toilet paper with no luck. So she went on line and ordered what was suppose to be 48 rolls. Instead that order showed a total of 48 boxes to be delivered. When she tried to explain there was a mistake, the driver showed her the shipping paperwork.

Admiral

Same in Australia everybody is hoarding TP, it is manufacture about 5 miles from my place there is plenty they are working double shifts, but as quick as they do people grab it. they have had to hire another warehouse to store it as they can produce more than they can deliver. Now people have started stockpiling Panadol and other medicines. Go Figure

RandyDSok

It's spring break, for god sakes for alot of students. They been saving their money up to go on spring break to sunny Florida and it's beautiful beaches to enjoy them selves.

I understand and certainly feel for them... but that doesn't change the situation. I just hope the students show the selflessness that others have shown to help protect others and do what they can to help halt the spreed of COVID-19. I know the businesses and their employee's that have been asked to shut down, are also effected even more so than the students.

It's certainly unfortunate that they are being asked to give up their party time... I think it's more unfortunate and even less fair that others have had their complete livelihood halted. None of us want to do what is being asked of us... but it's still our and their responsibility to help halt the spread.

murankar

Staff member
I have my opinion on the media in regards to this out break. What they haven't really mentioned is that corona virus has been here for a very long time. This is just a mutated version of that. I have been hearing from Doctors that for some folks this will be a flu , for some it could be more pneumonia like. they are also saying the only way this thing goes airborne is if you caugh or sneeze. Other wise it has to be physically transferred.

Under normal circumstances I dont wash my hands as often as people wish I would and i never use sanitizer. I also dont get sick very often as a result. For this I am, and i am even using sanitizer on my hands. once this passes and antibodies are produced i will go back to normal practice .

Anyways stay your distance, wash your hands and if you have the slightest caugh wear a mask just to keep others safe . Your construction respirator will not save you. It's not a biological filter. Although I think you can get bio filters for them.

RandyDSok

Oh... something else to add to your cart beyond the hand sanitizer ( and everything else )... some moisturizer to address the dry skin the sanitizer causes ...

D.O.G.

Goblin 380 Supporter
Beside no TP, paper towels or rubbing alcohol, there's no hand sanitizer to found also by me. The wife ended up getting glycerin on line, since there's none of that too, to make her own hand sanitizer. Like Randy mention, some sort of moisturizer will help so your hands don't look like a prune lol.

murankar

Staff member
Hand sanitizer = wash your hands.

Or better yet dont stick your bugger hook in your mouth. Just saying..

James M. Lewis

Armed Forces
As RC helicopter pilots we as a group enjoy the interaction and fellowship in our beloved hobby. But I greatly appreciate the thoughts and feedback from everyone. I'm 71 years old, retired twice and thank the good lord in stable health. I wish everyone the same. And guess what, I'm not letting this bug ruin my plans for flying my helicopters this spring and summer. Should have my new FBL :banana:Augusta A109 ready this month for it's maiden flight.:hdbng:. I've also changed one of my other 450s into a Hughes 300C from a kit I ordered from Germany, looking GOOD.

Top Bottom