Starting out young!

DAL2855

Banned
Had a friend of mine bring her grandson, who is almost 4 yrs old, the other day to watch my 2 450's fly. And she comes by today and brings me this little heli and says it rotates and everything, just won't lift off the ground, would you please fix it for my grandson?

I said sure I'll fix it for him!

Snapshot_20130728_zps3f01843a.jpg

Snapshot_20130728_1_zps6a7f1bce.jpg

So he's getting started at flying heli's at a really young age! I'll have him flyin a 450 by the time he's 5!

Snapshot_20130728_zps3f01843a.jpg

Snapshot_20130728_1_zps6a7f1bce.jpg

john2012

Banned
go figure man only a kid but its kool man oh by the way witch wire is the single wire white black or red

Stambo

My first thought is how old is the battery and how has it been treated.
People I know that have these cheap coax things tend to fly them until they don't fly any longer.
Then charge and go again. As we all know this is really hard on lipo batteries.

Stambo

Can you calibrate the throttle?

If she got it local, take it back and get them to replace it with one that works.
Or get one of these.

Cheap, really stable, can take a beating and can handle a degree of wind outside.

Also it's 4 channel and in my opinion easier to fly than a 3 channel coax.

Last edited:

DAL2855

Banned
Oh I got this one flying really good now, all I had to do was pull the top blade grip off and put it back on, it wasn't attached just right.

Stambo

Oh I got this one flying really good now, all I had to do was pull the top blade grip off and put it back on, it wasn't attached just right.

Well done, you don't really expect a new heli to be assembled wrong, well, maybe you do. :)

On another note, my 4 year old is doing quite well on the sim and I'll let him loose on a v911 soon but a 450?
Not for a good while yet. Too much scope for disaster, or worse.

DAL2855

Banned
I don't think it was assembled wrong, what I think is that maybe he crashed it or something and jarred the top blade grip loose on the shaft and it wasn't being able to maintain the same rotor speed as the lower one hence it wouldn't get off the ground anymore.

I was just making a comment, don't plan on turning him loose anytime soon on a 450 lol! Just being sarcastic! LOL!

Top Bottom