Starter for 10...........

Graham Lawrie

Ok, one of the inspirational people for me before i got into helis was Alan Szabo. I came accross a video on Youtube of him flying a Trex 550e, and thought it was made up or viral, as i did not think it possible for a rc- heli to perform like that. How wrong i was back in the day .......a year ago!!

So, since then i have followed him on FB & YT. He posted a video of Flying at the Lake to the music "i,m as free as a bird".

Not sure if it is the music or the video or both?

But i think it is awsome!!

So, starter for 10..........what is yours?

Westy

LEGEND
nice.....

What hooked me was this video of a guy Flying a Chaos 600 ..... I was just mesmerised!..... I had always loved Helicopter and Motorcycles (sports not cruisers) but this litterally blew a stick f Dynamite in my head saying ... I am going to get into Helis!

will try to hunt it down......

Here it is ...... Chaos 600 Taking a Beating!

Last edited by a moderator:

Lee

For me it was watching a guy in my home town in Scotland when i was 15. I was learning to fly a plane at the local club, but all i wanted to do was watch this one guy with a helicopter. He wasn't any good..Infact he had a hola hoop on the bottom and training gear. But i was fascinated. It took me another 23 years before i touched another RC aircraft, and it was a 450 heli. Haven't looked back. :D

murankar

Staff member
One day I woke up right after Christmas. I took my money to toys r us and bought an air hog. After a few weeks on that i wanted something with more control so I ordered a 3 channel coax air wolf. Then after a few weeks of that I wanted to get a real hobby quality helicopter. So I went to hobby town USA and started looking around.

After a few weeks I finally settled down with my mcx. The rest is history.

wolfman76

here is the video that really got me wanting to learn to rc helis i figured if this lil boy could be this good then i could atleast hover one around....

Last edited by a moderator:

Derek

I got to see Justin Jee and Alan Szabo and Bert Kammerer and Nick Maxwell and many other pros from around the world at IRCHA 2012. It was an amazing show, to say the least. I'm not sure that I can pick just 1 video that got me interested in flying rc heli's but the following video definitely peaked my interest.

Trex 700E "The Beast" - Tim Jones insane power - YouTube

I dont understand the first 30 seconds of the video, but the rest is just awesome. The sounds from the blades is just "unreal" and awesome! Shortly after getting my Trex 500, I came across ExperimentalAirlines on YouTube and he was showing his many scratchbuild methods for making rc planes from Dollar Tree foamboard and/or depron. I was hooked on that immediately.

....and now....i'm trying to make my own scratchbuild plane, with the help from Tony and several other RCH'er, that has a 20 foot wingspan. It's coming along very well and I have to thank my wife for being so supportive.

breeze400

Spagetti Pilot
I'd have to say that coming across a couple of videos of Alan did it for me too. I thought, what craziness! I want in to the madness too! Lol

wolfman76

that is cool derek i think i saw that video before too.... i have to say another big reason is i love how the blades chop the air too i love that sound...

Derek

You are definitely right about the sounds, Kyle. It's almost indescribable. My wife and I went to IRCHA 2012 and for 4 days...all I heard was that sound. Even when we got back home and I was laying in bed, I could still hear that blade chopping sound. What an impressive show!!! We already have our hotel booked for 2013.

Since we are sharing amazing heli videos..I have another. This one is Nick Maxwell smacking his Protos 500 inside his workshop/garage. An accurate description of this video would be: ***UNREAL!!!***

Nick Maxwell Protos 500 Indoor - YouTube

Graham Lawrie

Awsome, i have seen a few of his videos:)incredible:)

- - - Updated - - -

That is impressive Derek, boy can he handle that heli........and the power:)

- - - Updated - - -

Not sure about this one, scary, looked a bit like me in the small hours of this morning holding on to the tail of mine as it went mad LOL:) Dont suppose these guys helis ever come to bits in mid flight?

Top Bottom