General SR120 rudder problem

float4chrome

Heys guys, after a few crashes, my hell is doing circles to the right. My Msr is doing the exact same thing as well. Trimming does not help because to get it to hold stable, I have to trim full left rudder and have no control anymore. Do I need to replace the the entire tail boom to fix this? Everything else seems fine. Any Ideas.

coolgabsi

Super Mod & DEAL KING!
Heys guys, after a few crashes, my hell is doing circles to the right. My Msr is doing the exact same thing as well. Trimming does not help because to get it to hold stable, I have to trim full left rudder and have no control anymore. Do I need to replace the the entire tail boom to fix this? Everything else seems fine. Any Ideas.

Did you do any repairs recently to the tail. If its spinning to the right; night just be the motor connected reverse or the tail blades the wrong way

Fly safe!! :) have fun!

float4chrome

Thanks for the reply Coolgabsi, I have not done any repairs-everything is stock. It was flying great up until i crashed it into my cabin. My MSR has the exact same problem as well. everything looks intact on both heli's

coolgabsi

Super Mod & DEAL KING!
Thanks for the reply Coolgabsi, I have not done any repairs-everything is stock. It was flying great up until i crashed it into my cabin. My MSR has the exact same problem as well. everything looks intact on both heli's

Are the tail blades broken?

Ok, can you trace and find the main motor wires.. Disconnect it from the main board.. Note the polarity red which way and green which way

Then power on the heli, and give it throttle from the Tx. See if the tail is turning at all..

If its turning , is it turning anti clockwise ?

When you push the nose to the right and the left does it speed up and down automatically?

Does it respond to inputs from your Tx?

Fly safe!! :) have fun!

pvolcko

Is the tail motor turning? These motors are susceptible to being damaged internally if the shaft holding the tail rotors takes a hard hit or if you crash and don't cut power in time. Had the one on my 120SR do this, basically seized the motor and had to replace it.

Another thing to look at are the delicate wires coming off the tail motor before it gets to any connector or wires with extra shielding. These are more or less exposed on both the 120SR and the nano cpx. On my 120SR I did enough damage to these that they frayed and I started getting under powered performance from the tail, and then it would just quit in mid air or while still on the ground. Now I cut a small piece of heat shrink tube to go over the end of the motor cage and shrink it down, to help protect those delicate wires. This provides some much needed protection for them and haven't had a fraying related failure since, despite some mammoth crashes.

Top Bottom