General sr trouble

Hello guys me again lol but I just received a blade sr from ebay and I bound it to my dx6i and set my radio up with the proper settings and plugged the battery in and as soon as I turned the throttle up barely it spun up like it was half or better and I turned the throttle off and it kept running and (the throttle hold is off ) so was the tail any thoughts?

Tony

Staff member
Make sure you have a linear throttle curve and your F-Mode is in position 0, or normal mode. If that is fine, then you may need to calibrate the throttle. The only way I know to do this is to turn on the Tx, raise the throttle all the way up. Plug in the helicopter (take the blades off) and when you hear the first set of beeps, lower the throttle all the way.

Hey Tony yea everything is on 0 and it only does it on this heli could the esc be bad? Tell you what it didnt feel good when the blades hit my arm lol tryin to unplug it maybe I should just check everything on it the heli was only 65 bucks im just about done messing with eflite time to go with align save up and get the 150 and quit playing around lol

Derek

I have no doubt that the esc needs calibrated.

Whether it's a plane or helicopter, a new model will always need calibrated to the transmitter that you are using. For example, if that SR were bound to my DX8 and I were able to fly it and then sold that SR to you. You would bind it to your DX6i but then you would need to calibrate the esc so that it matched up to your transmitter.

I've read some stories about people getting a "Bind and Fly" model and having troubles because they are simply binding the model to their transmitter and then having nothing but troubles with the throttle because nothing was calibrated.

Thanks Derek I didnt know that cuz its the first time I had this kinda trouble but makes sense and I really appreciate the help soon as I get home from work ill try it

EyeStation

I'm working on my brother's SR this morning. The tail motor has its leads reversed. What direction should this motor be turning looking at the blade side?

Derek

If I remember right, the SR has a fixed tail rotor and not a variable pitch rotor. There should be a leading edge and a trailing edge for that tail rotor. Just hook the wires up so that the rotor turns with the leading edge first.

I recently got a Blade SR and the tail rotor should turn clockwise (looking from the right side of the heli) as the main rotor is also clockwise from above. Wish I could help you with your throttle problem...I bought my SR on eBay also and I bound it to my DX6i, with the included bind plug with no problems...did you get the RTF and bind it first to the included HP6DSM transmitter?

Terry Branch
"HeliBaby1527"
Va. Beach, VA

Tony

Staff member
Looking at it from the right side of the helicopter, the side that the blade is on, it should turn CCW, or counter clockwise. With a clockwise rotating blade, you should always have a counter clockwise rotating tail blade. Below is a picture.

120SR both street frm abv A-.JPG

120SR both street frm abv A-.JPG

Sorry Jason & Tony, I thought you were all talking about the "Blade SR", not the "Blade 120SR" as shown in your picture. Believe it or not, the Blade SR's main and tail rotors both turn clockwise, as show by the SR's Manual page! (see attached)
Blade SR page 170001.jpg

Blade SR page 170001.jpg

Tony

Staff member
Hey, thanks for that picture. I didn't realize that Blade had one that turned the other direction. All 3D helicopters like the SAB Goblin, Warp, Align and so on will all have counter rotating tail blades. Interesting that Blade has one that is going the same direction. Again, thank you for posting that. Learned something new today.

Thanks for the info I appreciate it im about done setting up the heli just setting up the blade tracking and a maiden flight see what happens lol

Jason and Tony,

No problem, my pleasure...I'm so glad that I could be of help! So many have helped me...Best of luck with your bird and happy landings!

All my best,
Terry Branch
HeliBaby1527

Top Bottom