450 spudding motor

As the title states I was spooling up my blade 400 with my DX6i.
As i was getting to about 50% thottle the motor started to spudder.Like a car spudders from time to time.

Disconnected the bat 3s 20 cell 1800 mAh batt with a 420 eflite 3800KV motor, using a 35 amp ESC.
II then reconnected the batt and for some reason the motor will not go at all

Any Ideas

I think it is ether a bad motor or the ESC is bad and not high enouth i do have a hobbywing pentium 40 AMP esc

coolgabsi

Super Mod & DEAL KING!
Yeah.. Also just for goodness sakes check the bearings on your motor. My friend at the field had power loss in flight cause of the bearing getting too gritty and then the Motor spuddered. They come with the bearings almost dry sometimes. So check that. If not then like Adam said battery and then check the esc... Don't fly with that though :)

i think i found the solution

I changed the esc from a 35 amp to a 40,and found out the the servos were bad

That is the point of maiden flights is it not (to see if there is probs)

Happy to say when the prob happened i was not able to get off the ground

Iam in the middle of changing the servos and weather permitting will do another test flight tomorrow
Rain is in the forcast

coolgabsi

Super Mod & DEAL KING!
Servos wouldn't cause it.. But glad you found them.. But yes a bad esc would. Amperage rating won't actually make a difference till its in operating ranges ESP till just 50 percent throttle. Good that you had a spare esc to check it out!! Good luck for your flight. ;)

john2012

Banned
how do i set up my esc to my heli,and is it hard to do

- - - Updated - - -

my motors both make noises when they spool up like a clicking sound

coolgabsi

Super Mod & DEAL KING!
John what esc you have ? Try making another thread for the esc programming :)

But that wouldn't cause your clicking sound. That sounds like a bearig issue or something hardware .. Got a video or a something ? :)

Well i have good news
I have fixed the problem
The ESC that i was using was a MKS BL35AH 35 amp esc, i have change the esc to a hobbywing 40 amp esc
I believe that the MKS esc was ether bad or it was not high enough amps, since im using the eflite420 3800 KV motor and it pulls 25 - 30 amps
As i was changing the esc and testing i wound up replacing three of the four servos and is now working great.
The only thing i have to do is tweek the rudder since it is yawing.I know that there is a few things i can do to fix it.The gyro that i use is the same as the ones Tony uses "gy48v".Im ether going to have to check the aservo arm, check for the rudder blades are straight, ject the gain ,etc,etc

Im putting in the picks of my old esc that was causing the prob and a picture of the swashplate lever for the blade 400Picture 002.jpgPicture 003.jpgPicture 001.jpg

The pic of the hgeli is my new toy the flybarless eflite d550 3g. Still in the process of desiding on ether the tarot zyx 3 axis gyro or going ar7200

Picture 002.jpg

Picture 003.jpg

Picture 001.jpg

Top Bottom